Sad day for Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad day for Britain

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Case of. Well the people don't want it so we won't give them a chance to vote on it and force it through the back door.

In about ten years time I'll be voting for some Frenchman, German etc to represent me who hasn't got a clue where South Yorkshire is or where Sheffield is. At least I can bash my local MP at the present time.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Do you really think that your MP, MEP, PM or whoever is there to represent your interests? His/her only concern is to look after the best interests of him/herself and ensure re-election next time round, by lying, making unkept promises etc. It makes not one jot of difference for whom you vote: the elections are all rigged beforehand. And this applies anywhere.

This country has never voted to join the EU, but we have. So what? Even if we had voted the results would have been the same, if the majority voted against it. This happened with the Annan Plan referendum: the result was known beforehand.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
      Do you really think that your MP, MEP, PM or whoever is there to represent your interests? His/her only concern is to look after the best interests of him/herself and ensure re-election next time round, by lying, making unkept promises etc. It makes not one jot of difference for whom you vote: the elections are all rigged beforehand. And this applies anywhere.
      Gotcha there since our MP is related which helps a lot.

Tony Blair is an ****ole who stayed in power too long and like Maggie went to his head.

One thing I tend to come across is that most people don't like to vote as the person representing them isn't local lives in Cornwall and doesn't give a shit about local issues.

This treaty is making even worse as it's the first step of making a federal europe and mp's or whatever they're going to be are going to be even more remote. England Scotland Wales will just become like small backward towns that have a problem but no one will really care.

When Elections come round if theres someone local I vote for them becuase at least they know whats happening and have an interest in the area.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
      X