ASUS P3B Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P3B Questions

Hey, guys!!! I have an ASUS P3B, and I'm just wondering how I can permanently disable the PS/2 port on my mobo. In the BIOS, there's only "enable" and "auto". The problem is, I just went from a PS/2 to a USB mouse, but my BIOS doesn't seem to want to give up IRQ 12 for some reason, and Window's still detects the port, but reports it as not working properly. If I unplug my USB mouse, then it does release the port. If I plug my USB mouse back in, the system finds a PS/2 port again, takes the port, and Windows 98 detects it again....this really sucks....!!!! If anyone can help, I'd appreciate any of your ideas. Thanks in advance!!!

Larry

Have you tried disabling the PS/2 port in Windows? Not deleting it, just disabling. You may get away with letting the BIOS do whatever it wants, and just tell Windows to leave the IRQ alone.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
    X