Thoughts on Jason White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Jason White

aka the son of Superman in "Superman Returns".

1. He obviously has Superman's strength as shown by the flying piano.

2. He also appears not to be affected by Kryptonite as he didn't seem to react when Luthor approached him with it on the yacht.

3. When watching it again with Erik the other night he came up with an interesting observation; when Richard White flies the plane over the waterfall and it suddenly rises they cut to Jason who seems to be concentrating very hard and perhaps even straining against his harness.

Flight?

Might make for an interesting subplot as the old man teaches a budding "Superboy" to control his powers.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 June 2007, 20:12.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Actually I thought it appeared that Jason was affected by the Kryptonite, though to a far less extent than Clark/Superman would have been. I'd have to go back and watch it, but I could have sworn he got a tad bit twitchy...
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Maybe Lex didn't appeal to his sensibilities

I've seen that "Who the f*** are you and what are you doing?" look when my kids met loud strangers.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hehe, yeah well.

Went back and watched that scene, and while it's not overly noticeable, there's a slight change in how Jason looks after Lex whips out the kryptonite; a slight weakening or sickening look.

But you're right, maybe Lex's breath is just rancid.

Comment

Maybe it doesnt effect the boy as much because he is half and half.. part human/ part superbeing.
          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

You should really read "man of steel, woman of kleenex". The idea that SuperMan could father a child, or that the kid wouldn't rip the woman's womb in half during the first trimester... is preposterous.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

You're kidding, right?

Seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                You should really read "man of steel, woman of kleenex". The idea that SuperMan could father a child, or that the kid wouldn't rip the woman's womb in half during the first trimester... is preposterous.
                Taking this semi-seriously

Kryptonian superpowers are powered by yellow sunlight, so unless Lois had a skylight from her uterus & abdominal tissues to the outside the babys strength should be greatly muted.

Also; IIRC Kryptonians had visited Earth many times in pre-history, so what if they did some DNA engineering in the process?
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 June 2007, 21:08.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                  Taking this semi-seriously

Kryptonian superpowers are powered by yellow sunlight, so unless Lois had a skylight from her uterus & abdominal tissues to the outside the babys strength should be greatly muted.

Also; IIRC Kryptonians had visited Earth many times in pre-history, so what if they did some DNA engineering in the process?
                  It really depends on which Superman continuity you chose....

he didn't become solar powered until the silver age comics

Before that krypton was a high gravity planet which caused him to be "superpowered" here on earth (lesser gravity).

all in all DC was a total mess intentionally until the mid eighties, the idea of continuity ranged from rigid to "it's enough if the colors on his tights are correct"
                  And if anybody complained, it wasn't on "mainstream" earth it was on earth "x"
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                  X