ALchemy mod for Audigy/Live! cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALchemy mod for Audigy/Live! cards

COPYRIGHT NOTICE: ALchemy and its related files are property of Creative Labs, Inc.

In response to ungrateful behavior of Creative, I decided to release a patched ALchemy for all models of Live! and Audigy soundcards.

It was ready since its release in last March. I was just waiting the proper moment, when Creative would make a stupid move.

A simple check for EAX5 was removed to enable Audigy support as well as a check for EAX4, to enable support for Live! cards.

Some notes:

* DirectSound3D may not work properly on Live! cards, while DS3D+EAX seem to work just fine.
    * DirectSound2D is a bonus for all cards, because is bypass the Audiodg service on Windows Vista, so no more memory/CPU cycles wasted. Just use ALchemy with your favorite player (VLC and Mplayer Classic does not work properly, while foobar does).
    * When using ALchemy, EAX effects tab will be disabled on AudioConsole, just like on X-Fi, on Live! it works, though.
    * Your soundcard is detected as X-Fi when ALchemy is used with Everest, Sandra or RightMark 3DSound, that is just a cosmetic issue.
    * Make sure you have the latest Creative drivers for Windows Vista installed.
    Creative forums

Post seems to be a week old, I'm surprised Creative didn't shut the link down and banned the poster. In any case, should the link go down I saved the file and can mail it to anyone who wants it.

in other news:

Creative Sells ALchemy Audigy Edition at $9.99

(the software)

Comment

Working...
    X