Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Firefox causing my bluetooth modem to come up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Firefox causing my bluetooth modem to come up?

Hey all,
    I have a weird problem. Whenever firefox can't find a site, or even loses connection to a site temporarily, the "Bluetooth Connection" dialog box pops up. At first I thought my ethernet or cable modem must be iffy, but I keep SSH, IM, and ping streams working just fine, as firefox fails to find a page, and makes the bluetooth modem dial-up window appear.

I've scanned for spyware, my anti-virus is working, and I've scanned remotely using the HouseCall program. No problems found.

I've even disabled the bluetooth modem in Device Manager, but that doesn't help.

Ideas?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Hey Wombat,
    Sorry I can't help you, but I had to say Hi !!
    It's been a while since you've been around.

Comment

It's still in some connection list somewhere. I know, that doesn't help. But it's not surprising. Bluetooth insinuates itself into lots of areas of the system where it really doesn't belong, like any good network adapter!

On my machine, I have to DELETE my MS vpn connections when I'm done with them, or else they will keep popping up, like rabid prairie dogs, over and over at random times when IE tries to find some site.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

It wouldn't by any chance be in your Network Connections under Control Panel, would it? If it is there, disable it.

Do you have DUN configured for your cell phone or something along those lines?
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Do you use MS bluetooth support or something from the device maker?
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Sounds like you've got always dialup whenever there isn't an internet connection set somewhere.
            Dunno if Firefox reads IE settings but have a look at internet options and connections.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X