Getting a 2400Pro for my old Xp 2500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a 2400Pro for my old Xp 2500

Hmm I just found a very interesting article, though it seems babelfish translated from Chinese. It shows the effectivness of 2400 as HD decoding, on a sempron 2800+ it only uses between 5-10% of the CPU power when playing H264 and VC-1 Movies. Thats pretty amasing. My old barton 2500 Xp-M is getting a revival... Being able to underclock on the fly to decrease cpu fan speed and getting and 2400pro agp version seems like a nice investment.

Any thoughts? Is it a good idea or just waste of time?

And the earliest prices I have found so far are 40 pounds... So its not bad.

JD.
    Last edited by James_D; 14 June 2007, 14:14. Reason: Broken link.... now fixed
    Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

The links broken
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Man, I haven't visited this forum in years and my old account/password still exists.

Actually, the link isn't broken, just continue scrolling down down down until you see the King Kong and the screen and a chinese graphic following it.

What I want to know is what they used to encode the file.
      ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

hehe welcome back then

Well I understood it to be Blueray dvds and HD dvds that they used.

But you didnt say what you thought about my Idea.

Kind regards

Brut.
        Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Whyzzi View Post
          Actually, the link isn't broken...
          It was, it has now been fixed
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

From the looks of it, its a pretty sweet HTPC card for playback...
            Not sure what it would be like encoding on the fly, but for BluRay and HDDVD and such, it looks like a very good choice...

Now to pop to the garage and try and find a replacement rear light for my Clio, that my mother has just broken reversing into the front gate...D'oh!
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by James_D View Post
              hehe welcome back then
              Hey! Thanks for the warm welcome!
              Originally posted by James_D View Post
              But you didnt say what you thought about my Idea.
              Quite right. And I'll fix that right now - It's an awesome idea!
              ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Working...
              X