No announcement yet.

Sasq, did you try the "Big Burpee" yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sasq, did you try the "Big Burpee" yet?

If so, could you share the experience with us?

Cucumber-flavored soda sold in Japan

Japanese are staying cool as a cucumber this summer with "Pepsi Ice Cucumber" — a new soda based on the crisp green gourd.

The soft drink, which hit stores here on Tuesday, doesn't actually have any cucumber in it — but has been artificially flavored to resemble "the refreshing taste of a fresh cucumber," said Aya Takemoto, spokeswoman of Japan's Pepsi distributor, Suntory Ltd.

"We wanted a flavor that makes people think of keeping cool in the summer heat," Takemoto said. "We thought the cucumber was just perfect."

The mint-colored soda is on sale just for the summer and only in Japan, Takemoto said. She said initial sales were brisk, and Suntory aims to sell 200,000 cases over the next three months.

Pepsi trails behind industry leaders Coca Cola (Japan) Company, with about 15 percent of the Japanese cola market, and also faces stiff competition from non-fizzy bottled drinks like green tea and coffee, which are popular here.

Suntory said it sold 20.5 million cases of Pepsi brand drinks in 2006, including its popular Pepsi NEX zero-calorie soda.
    Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Cucumber... ok. When I think of cool refreshing summer food I think more of watermelon than cucumber.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Erik the cuke fiend would like it
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
        Cucumber... ok. When I think of cool refreshing summer food I think more of watermelon than cucumber.

And when I think of cool refreshing summer food drink I think more of ............ BEER!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

NOW WE'RE TALKING!!
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post
            And when I think of cool refreshing summer food drink I think more of ............ BEER!

I think of that all year

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
              I love a cold cucumber salad (oil and vinegar dressing) on a hot summer day ... very refreshing. Another refreshing food is gazpacho. Best served freshly made with minced garnishes added just before eating. I sure could use one today as it's sizzling.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

mmmm beer

can't say i have noticed the cucumber drink, well probably have, but, see i have this caffine addiction to feed...
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
                X