Jeez ISP tech Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeez ISP tech Support

Called up Ukonline last night. God there support needs sorting out.

Anyway I've complained about it. Heres what I said

I'm emailing to complain about your poor standard of support services.

I've been having an ongoing problem with slow upload speeds on my account since last Tuesday evening. Allowing for temporary faults or work at the exchange plus the fact the account was working and not causing me too much grief I held of reporting the problem for several days.

Since the problem didn't rectify itself I contacted by email your technical support team and the host concerned.

My web host did checks at there end and found no fault. This I could confirm by connecting using my work account while I was at work and the FTP uploads were very fast.
    At this time I presumed incorrectly that the technical support team kept records as this fault had occurred before. The original problem was dealt with fairly well once I got past very rude support person who told me to go away. The people I spoke to afterwards were very polite and helpful but weren't able to find a solution. Just before they arranged a visit the problem solved itself. Total down period and I was effectively down as I couldn't send attachments or upload anything was three days.

The fact that the problem solved itself left me worried that the same fault could occur again. However I thought since the call was logged it shouldn't be a problem.

How wrong I was.

After a request by your Technicians I spent two hours testing on Sunday morning including speeds logs swapping off cables and routers. I emailed these through to the technical support team with the test results as attachments. A technician called George emailed me back however from his response it was clear we were beginning to go round in circles. I respond to his request for more info although it was clear that the orginal email wasn't be read in the first place.
    After no further response despite a clear request for a reference number to make communications easier I called your support line Monday evening.
    I spoke to a Gentleman called Criag who clearly had no record of my previous emails so again I had the frustration of going through all testing that I had already done. At least Criag listened to me and pointed out at one test that I had missed.
    He gave me a reference number and told me to ring back in two hours and an arrangement would be made for a visit by an engineer. At all times Criag was polite and actually listened to me and would skip the script check list when needed.
    Two hours later I still had the same problem so I rang back thinking it would be easy to talk to the back room staff. What a mistake.

I got another gentleman who's name I didn't catch.
    Sadly despite giving the reference number he amazingly insisted on go through the same checks that I had already done earlier with Criag and notified yourselves via email. When I pointed out I already done of all of this he asked me to do the same thing again doing the broken record technique. This went on and on for very long time. Since I work on a helpdesk I know a fob off when you get one. Finally my own broken record routine won the day and I got passed through to another gentleman who did actually listen to me. The gentleman agreed the 5k upload speed was appalling and then could understand my frustration. He asked for some more speed tests to be emailed as it seems that my attachments had got lost on your email system somewhere.

The impression I got that there is very little communication between your back room staff and the front line support.

Call aren't logged and there isn't any customer history.

When requested to ring back you shouldn't have to go through the script again.

Front line staff shouldn't be used as the man in the middle. It's very frustrating for them and very frustrating for your customers. I do feel very sorry for the 2nd Gentleman as he wasn't clearly getting an help.

Front line staff should also take ownership of the call so when a customer rings back they know all the details and can say pass the call through.
    When you ring up and say I've got a poor connection but my router is stable and saying it's got a full speed connection. The front line support person shouldn't keep saying I can see you got a full speed connection. It's very frustrating as the customer has already told them that.

It seems your technical support has fallen in the last few months and it will cost your customers. I'm already considering a move to another supplier and this is due to the fact that you don't listen to your customers.

Since I work on a helpdesk three days a week I feel for your front line team as we have the same problem when the 2nd line support won't answer or listen to our fault reports.
    Looking forward to your reply
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

hm... wonder how the market for software suits for support departments goes....

Must be going bad since the support departments don't seems to buy em
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
      hm... wonder how the market for software suits for support departments goes....

Must be going bad since the support departments don't seems to buy em

Well we bought in some software. I call it a failed software project becuase after two years it doesn't do what we want it to do fully.

However it does show customer history but again that depends on the information being filled in properly. If you employ monkeys it won't and if you understaff your support team it won't.

I maybe of to Zen as I'm looking around anyway for a another provider.

I left plusnet becuase they did stupid mistakes denied it and then finally admitted they accidently disconnected every user using a netgear router.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Software suites for support are ridiculously expensive at the level your ISP would need.

We have a small company, and the version of Remedy(tm) we would need to support our customers properly is $30,000.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Well they replied saying ten days to resolve this dispute.

It's not a dispute as such just a statement that there support is lacking and certainly lacks common sense.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Indeed but to understand that they'd actually have to be able and willing to comprehend what you are saying.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

It's not very hard to understand.

Heres my call referance number.

You requested that I ring back if I have the same fault.

Can't see anything hard to understand about that.

I say the router is connected at full speed and not dropping the line.

They say the router is connected at full speed.

I say Yes I told you that.

Nothing hard to undertsand about that.

Now if you're inferring that a foreign gentleman cannot understand a sheffield Yorkshire accent yes I can understand that.

First man I spoke to was Irish and had no problems understanding so the 2nd guy just needed to pass me on to the next level.

Anyway last night was so bad I gave up and switched the router off all night. This morning I'm back to full upload speed.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I agree it's not hard to understand and I was not referring to your accent (if you have any) at all. Just that some people do not understand the difference between a dispute and a complaint. A dispute might arise if they do not acknowledge your complaint though, LOL.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                  I agree it's not hard to understand and I was not referring to your accent (if you have any) at all. Just that some people do not understand the difference between a dispute and a complaint. A dispute might arise if they do not acknowledge your complaint though, LOL.
                  Beginning to look that could go that way. No reponse from my last email to tech support which is disgusting. Nearly two days now and will be by 11:22 tonight.

Still working correctly so either they've done something. Unlikely. Or theres a faulty card at the exchange that responded to having no connection for 10 hours. I haven't changed pipes so it could be someone hogging the bandwidth.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X