Crap ISP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap ISP's

The dreaded very slow upload fault has returned to haunt me with UKonline.

It's happened before but worse where I couldn't upload anything most of the time at least I can go along along at modem speeds at the moment.

Since I'm not dead in the water I'm corrasponding via email. Of course when you do that they clearly don't read your emails and ask you post the same info back again.

Please include trace route and speed tests. Err I've already done that and it shows a very slow connection. Grrrrrrrr.

Does anyone understand a bin file and what it tells you??? I don't.

Also has anyone else had a problem where they've connected at full speed downloads are fine but uploads are crappppppp.
    Attached Files
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Can't help you, but I can relate to your frustration as I've had similar problems with Cox, where the downstream speed seemed fine, but the upstream was so slow that it crippled the connection.

Comment

They purposely cripple it. They don't WANT you uploading stuff. They give you just enough to work sites like "SnapFish" where you can upload your digital photos, but not enough to do any good filesharing or run a server.

Comcast FINALLY gave in around here and upped us from 256k to a megabit. But that's ridiculous, their network can support MUCH more.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

By crippled I mean less than 5 kilobit/sec, as there was some kind of network problem. Right now our cable is 8 Mb/s down, 512 kb/s up. The "premium" package is 1 Mb/s up, not sure what the downstream is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram View Post
          By crippled I mean less than 5 kilobit/sec, as there was some kind of network problem. Right now our cable is 8 Mb/s down, 512 kb/s up. The "premium" package is 1 Mb/s up, not sure what the downstream is.
          Yup 5k or less. Problem is you're a lot better if your connection died altogther. I wish mine would at least they'd show some interest.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post
            Yup 5k or less. Problem is you're a lot better if your connection died altogther. I wish mine would at least they'd show some interest.

'Round here they're actually motivated to fix it, we have competition for our Internet dollars in this area.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

After two hours of testing mostly waiting for the uplaod speed tests to finnish I've sent them a rather large email with loads of speed tests.

Luckily I had a spare Netgear whicvh showed the same problems.

Can't see what else I can do at my end to be honest. Looks like script monkies here I come no doubt.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Aaargh they've turned on interleave now.

There goes my online gaming.

Ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post
                  Aaargh they've turned on interleave now.

There goes my online gaming.

Ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                  at least they are doing something.

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                  "Lobsters?"
                  "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                  "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Pity they don't keep records as they did this last time with no effect on the problem.

Although I put in my email that i swapped routers they had to ask again.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Stupid ISP I'm with here in Ireland (Digiweb) has cut my 2mb adsl to 8KB/sec cos I'm over my download limit (only 20Gb). Not had any ISP before actually enforce their rules

Comment

Well I haven't been capped and Ukonline don't know what there FUP is.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Useless Techies. Now plugged into the Master Socket and no differance.
                          I bet some bastard is hogging all the bandwidth.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X