Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powerline help...

Hello,

I'm having issues with a pair of Netgear Powerline xe102. They have been working just fine for just over a year, connecting a set top box with a cable modem (for interactive TV). However, at present, I can't get the two devices to see each other consistenly (the leds indicate that they connect, but the configuration software says they don't; only allowing access to the device connected to the pc via utp).

Anybody have experiences with such devices? How can I reset them?
    (they don't even connect when plugged in directly in sockets in the same room)

Thanks,

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

First of i dont have the Xe102 myself, just have the newer hd version. So i am not sure if the same applies for your devices as for mine. But cant you reset them via the software you just have to connect both to the computer. Or on mine there is also a reset hole, to stikk in a pin and reset them the hard way. Remember they dont like powersplitters, and likes to be on the same el. circuit/course. to get optimised speed. and any devices with el.motors degrades the signal very quickly.

Kind regards

JD
    Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks!

I can't find a reset option in the configuration software (only a reset password). On the back of the device, there are 4 screwholes, but only 3 screws. In the fourth hole is a plastic thingamagic (which I think is a reset button), but I can't seem to press it. Could it be a cover over a reset hole? Should you reset while it is plugged in? How long should it be pressed?

I know they don't like splitters (and surge protectors), but I can't get them to work in sockets directly. Before, 1 was plugged in direcly, the other on a splitter (which worked for over a year). I tested them in the same rooms as then (but now directly plugged in), and both in the same room.

Thanks,

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

But isnt resetting the encryption password the same as resetting to default encryption which is the same as factory default? So connect both devices and resett the encryption password on both units and try again.

Kind regards

JD.
        Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus.

Comment

Ah...

I was hoping there would be some form of hard-factory reset... Passwords on both devices are cleared, but still the connection is not made or cannot be sustained.
          Either nothing works, or the network tab shows the remote device, but the device tab displays that no other devices are found (and no settings can be shared). I'll keep them both unplugged for an extended period of time, then try again. The led indication is often also odd (e.g. the powerline led is lit on just one device )

(FWIW, I also discovered the devices are still covered by warranty)

Thanks again!

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X