Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad Power next week

Ordered a Core 2 Quad 6600 at Tuesday
    Just got confirmation that they have shipped it and I'll get it Monday or Tuesday

Going through the reviews I found very few who tested real world multitasking scenarios

Most just whine over lack of multi threading in single apps.

Since I routinely runs tons of apps I noticed a major improvement when going to the E6300 from A64 3500+, in terms of multitasking speed (not so much in single threaded apps running one at a time) I have been wanting this Cpu since I first tried out my E6300 .

So as Maggi said : More Power to the Tower
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
    So as Maggi said : More Power to the Tower

Gods, I miss her!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
      Gods, I miss her!

And that John Romero chick, too!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

My brother has the Q6600, so far the only thing that has really tested it so far is Supreme Commander - and it passed with flying colors.

Still haven't OC'ed it, no point really, his computer is graphics limited right now with a X1950pro (waiting till the NEXT ATI/NV cards come out ~xmas).
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I plan on getting one in August. I hear there are major price cuts in the quads in late July.

Thought I might go for a P5K3 mobo while I'm at it.
          FT.

Comment

Well, I have a lot of back pay so I don't really care

I just want some of it before chapter 11
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
              I plan on getting one in August. I hear there are major price cuts in the quads in late July.

Thought I might go for a P5K3 mobo while I'm at it.
              Yes, the low end quad core will drop to $3xx. I think it's July 22nd or 24th.

The DDR3 memory timings aren't low enough yet and they are very expensive. Also, if you are going to wait until August, you might as well wait to see what the X38 chipset has to offer.

On a side not, Asus is going to offer the P5K3 with it's own brand of DDR3 memory running at 1333. The timings aren't that great though.
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Actually, the quad core will drop to $266! Damn! I may have to buy one. No no! I need to hold out for penryn.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I HAVE THE POWER.....uh the MIGHTY QUAD!

The mailman just delivered it

Can't wait to get home

Originally posted by Helevitia View Post
                  Actually, the quad core will drop to $266! Damn! I may have to buy one. No no! I need to hold out for penryn.

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=789466
                  Wich for us in EU will mean a month or 2 later and with the "normal" EU add on it will end up 50 less than it was before the price drop

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                    I HAVE THE POWER.....uh the MIGHTY QUAD!
                    From now on, every other computer you use will feel very sluggish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                      From now on, every other computer you use will feel very sluggish.
                      That already happened when I first tasted A64 on cl2 ddr memory (it's an immense difference between cl3 and cl2 on A64 ).

Comment

By Primus!

It is FAST!

Windows Has gone from fast to Zippy!

No discernible lag what so ever and thats with smp pov-ray going full blast

Comment

I have deflowered my Quad Virginity.
                          Teamed up the mighty ASUS P5WDG2 with a q6600.
                          4 GB DDR 800 (budget ...) , 2 Seagate Barracuda 250 (gonna raid 1 HDs).
                          yup, big plans for the new toy. a follow up will be posted next week.
                          Originally posted by Gurm
                          .. some very fair skinned women just have a nasty brown crack no matter what...

Comment

I've got an E6700.

I'm interested in going quad soon.

I'd like to know how you guys find it.
                            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Just move the heastsink and there it is.
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X