Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Water Pump

Ok let's see who replies to this one

A couple a months ago I xperimented with a water-cooling solution for my CPU. I worked quite (really!) well, except that the damn pump was so noisy. I wanna set-up that system again with my new p3, and first of all need a new _silent_ pump.

Anyone know of such?

Thanks + Best Regards (tm)
    Fish

I might be doing water cooling on a PC as a project, where did you find the casing for the water? or did you make it yourself?

------------------
    PII 450@522 (4.5*117)
    Matrox G400 vanilla/5ns@ 167/209
    Diamond MX300
    256Mb pc100 ram
    10gb WD
    generic 10/100 NIC

hi

Comment

tish,
      I found there are some excellent silent pumps that can be found at most pet stores, they can pump the amount of water you need, and can be had in either submersible or external styles. The submersed pumps tend to be a bit quieter, but you can get some really quiet external ones that can pump much more than those, albeit they are more expensive.

Rags

Comment

Ah! Of course!! why didn't I think if that? damn I guess I'm getti'n old in my last days here.... thanks of the exellent suggestion, Rags!

Paradox, I made the casing myself. I used an early Pentium 2 box (the first on the market) and a square plastic "cup". Then I cut two round holes next to each other in that cup and used silicon glue to attach the cup at the back of the prosessor.

let's see now...
        <pre>

top side
        _
        | | ____
        __| | | | |
        | | | |__| |
        |__| | &#0124; &#0124;|
        | |
        |_|

</pre>

get the picture?

The CPU was very chilly, 'bout 15 degree celcius (water temperature).

I have a dual set-up, and this time let the water go to number 0 cpu to number 1. That way, the cpu that's not used (in win98) or less used (in win2k) get's the coldest water.

Comment

Working...
        X