How to modify mobo BIOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to modify mobo BIOS?

Does anyone know where to find a proggie with what you can edit/replace the Energy Star-logo that shows when booting up? I don't feel like editing the file manually and then flashing it..

BTW I have Award BIOS.

_
    B

When I had a QDI's mobo QDI had it's own program to change that. Have you cheked mobo's manufactures site?

--
    Arto
    --
    Cirrus

Comment

It's an Asus and they don't seem to have such a tool, unless one can do that with DMI Configuration util they have..?

_
      B

Comment

You can't Buuri, but if you don't like the logo (btw, do you see it so many times a day?? ), leave your monitor off until you really know you passed the POST...

Jorden.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well.. no, but it's cool..

_
          B

Comment

You could edit the binary and reflash, but I have no idea what the offset is for the BMP and you would probably have to replace it with something else that did not crash the BIOS.

------------------
            ABIT BP6, 256MB PC100 RAM, dual 366 Celerons oc'd to 550MHz, 3DFXCool 66mmLx60mmWx69mmH Lil Mofo h/s fans. Marvel G200 PCI, Canopus Pure3DII, 3COM 905B NIC, Buslogic FlashPoint LW Ultra-Wide SCSI, SB16 ISA. Segate Medalist PRO 9.1 GB UW SCSI 7200RPM, Maxtor 20.4GB ATA66 7200RPM 2MB Cache, 8GB tape b/u, IDE 32x CDROM, SCSI 4xwrite/8xread Panasonic CD writer, 4 more various 2GB SCSI drives.
            Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

Search for a prog named cbrom...
              it works with award...
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Have you done this yourself?
                I got the program but when I tried to extract the logo I got an error stating that no Logo ROM exists. I believe that this means those full screen logos that are present in some Intel boards, I don't think that my P5A's BIOS supports this. Anyway that wasn't what I was after in a first place..

Can anyone help?

_
                B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 10-11-1999).]

Comment

You have to copy your bios to a file first!
                  then you can insert or extrakt the logo!
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I think you misunderstood me. According to CBROM130 there is no logo. These are the ROM modules my BIOS has
                    Code:
                                  ********    1007A.BIN BIOS component ********

No. Item-Name         Original-Size   Compressed-Size Original-File-Name 
                    ================================================================================  
                      0. System BIOS       20000h(128.00K)147DAh(81.96K)original.tmp
                      1. NCR ROM           08000h(32.00K)04FCAh(19.95K)pci32.rom
                      2. EPA pattern       00642h(1.56K)002A1h(0.66K)awardepa.epa
                      3. ACPI table        024FEh(9.25K)00B27h(2.79K)ACPITBL.BIN
                      4. VRS ROM           02086h(8.13K)01351h(4.83K)cav_shdw.bin
                    and while there is no Logo module there, it cannot be extracted. (by /logo extract)

Like I stated before, I believe these logos mean those full screen logos that are present in some mobos. I wanted to edit the Energy Star logo.
                    However if you know that I can insert a full screen logo, tell me what's the file format for it? 8-bit palette BMP?

_
                    B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 10-11-1999).]

Comment

Burri,
                      I don't know much about your "problem" but from the sceen dump above I would think it the:
                      2. EPA pattern 00642h(1.56K)002A1h(0.66K)awardepa.epa

In my BIOS I have the option to turn on/off boot logo (including energy star).

Hope this help you track it down.

Mark F.

------------------
                      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
                      and burped out a movie

Comment

Give Mark F a star in the book!

------------------
                        INTEL PIII450 MSI 6163
                        G200Mill 16MB SDRAM
                        SBlive
                        128 MB RAM
                        19GB HDD Space!

Comment

(blush)

Dare I even ask if anyone knows it's format?
                          Thanks.

_
                          B

Comment

Working...
                          X