• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google maps finds E.T.

Really, just check it out:

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

That link returns a search page for "new York" but no image.

I looked it up through the BB's google maps app. What am I looking for again? Do I have to zoom?

Sorry for ruining joke.
      /meow
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      Asus Striker ][
      8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
      Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

you have to click on the blue road just below where google draws the little icon of a man.

it will bring up an image of the roadside and sure enough, ET is standing there.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

It's funny to see the lens flare effects as you pan along diamond hill road... some look like ET, some look like a transporter beam or pillar of light. NICE camera!
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Most artefacts are not really lensflare effects, but rather side effects from the stitching together. The camera used is the dodeca 2360.
            (lensflares usually are a number of circular artefacts, where the number of artefects depends on the number of lens elements, and the size and distance on the focal length)

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

The transporter beam artifacts are probably sensor artifacts, not lens flares.
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yes yes, I know what a lens flare is. Jeez. Can't misspeak around here.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                  Yes yes, I know what a lens flare is. Jeez. Can't misspeak around here.
                  Sorry...
                  But we have to keep earning our "moderator of the digital imaging forum". (it's a hard life - inbetween the parties and travels ).

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

Working...
                  X