Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod docking...

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to play back files from my iPod through speakers, but also allow my PC to play back audio through the speakers.

The most obvious choice would be an sort of iPod dock with a line in; I have been looking at the Logitech Audiostation, the Logitech Audiostation Express and the XtremeMac Tango.
    Of this list, I tend to prefer the Audiostation Express, but while it has a line in, I cannot find (in the manual) how to activate it. Could it be autosensing?

A friend of mine made an interesting suggestion though: a regular iPod dock (with remote), and a pair of speakers.... I do think one will have to switch jacks, as not many powered speakers have multiple inputs....

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Three 3.5" plugs, some small diameter cable, a three-pole switch and a soldering iron.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

actually a Y adapter that you can buy at radio shack (or your equiv.) would be your cheapest and easiest route.
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Thanks... I'm also looking functionality and quality-wise, but that would largely depend on the dock and on the speakers, so it is difficult to judge that...

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

I just checked out the devices I listed in real life, and was disappointed... So I'll definately go the iPod dock + speakers route...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Last report... I found the Scandyna v dock (which is an amplifier with iPod dock, line in, video out and remote) and also found matching speakers. Both have been ordered (more expensive than the rang I was considering, but quality wise and even design wise this combo will be hard to beat.

(but I still have that gift certificate...)

Jorg
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X