F1 wonder boy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 wonder boy.

Hamilton's fifth race in F1 and 2nd position again. He is now equal in points with Alonso at the head of the drivers' table, but Alonso's 2 wins gives him the advantage. Maclaren bounds ahead in the car table.

Fantastic performance for a rookie on the world's most difficult circuit.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Dario Franchitti won the Indy 500 today, and because the race was rain-shortened we got to see extended shots of his wife, Ashley Judd, in a very wet top
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hamilton's rookie F1 season race results:

3rd...2nd...2nd...2nd...2nd...1st!

Congrats Lewis!

What a race to watch. Best wishes to Robert Kubica. Its incredible to note that in a accident that tore his car to peices, his worst injury is a sprained ankle.
      FT.

Comment

Oh, and props to Sato for once!
        FT.

Comment

Let's not forget Heidfeld... And Kovalinen...

Amazing (and great news) that Kubica managed to be quite unhurt from the accident. It looked so bad...

But those new pitrules need changing in my opinion. Chances are that Alonso (and Rosberg) just had to come in for fuel (as it was most likely close to the scheduled stop), but still they got penalized for it...

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I agree with all of that, VJ.. Strangely the teams aren't complaining about the pit lane closures yet. I'm sure it could easily be proved that they would have run out of fuel.
            FT.

Comment

Exactly... The FIA knows how much fuel each car started with (was allocated during qualifying, and refuels can be measured during the pitstops).

I watched the race on RTBF, and they said the FIA had claimed teams should be prepared for safety car interventions. But in theory, this could mean that teams have to keep for instance a 10 lap reserve (which - depending on the reason for the safety car might even not be sufficiant) at all times. This fits in the "slowing down the cars" strategy, but it is ridiculous.

I can understand they didn't like the events that unfolded in the past under the safety car conditions, but there must be other alternatives.

Jorg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Hamilton does it again! Pole and top of the podium at Indy.

I don't want to jinx it for him, but with a 10 point lead in the championship, and zero mistakes this weekend, he had to be a contender
                FT.

Comment

Working...
                X