Wonderlic? WTF ROFLMAO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderlic? WTF ROFLMAO!

Ok, so y'know... everyone always says that I'm wrong, and that pro athletes aren't f-ing retarded. So I just now heard about this thing called the Wonderlic test. Apparently they give it to pro athletes. It has 50 questions, and they get graded like x/y meaning that they answered y out of 50 and got x out of those y correct.

So NFL draft picks are routinely scoring like 8/12, 10/15, some as high as 20/25. Apparently, and this is just from Wikipedia, only 1 pro athlete has EVER scored a perfect 50, although it is rumored that another might have he has admitted that he ANSWERED 50 but only got like 45 right.

So I was curious, and I went to check out a sample test.

OH...

MY...

GOD.

The HARDEST question on the test took about 10 seconds of simple math. And it was MUCH harder than all the others. The others ... well, let's just say that LOGAN scored perfect except for questions about percentages.

Anyone who can't score perfect on that test is so braindead that they might as well not be breathing.

So... I REST MY CASE.

-------------------

Realized I ought to back this up. Fine!

Sample questions (answers at the bottom!):

1. Read these two sentences and then answer the question:

- Bill likes Tammy
    - Tammy likes Janet

Does Bill like Janet? a. Yes, b. No, c. Uncertain

2. Resent ... Present.

Do these two words a. mean the same, b. mean the opposite, c. neither the same nor opposite

3. If rope costs 10 cents per foot, how much rope can you buy with $1.40? NO CALCULATORS ALLOWED!

4. If a train travels 20 feet in 1/5 of a second, how many feet does it travel in 10 seconds?

5. If Jim invests $1000 in a project, and Sally invests $400, and Tom invests $600... and the profits are $300, and the profits are divided EQUALLY... how much LESS would Jim get back than if the profits were divided as a function of the amount invested?

6. Easy is to hard ... as low is to _______

7. Which of these numbers is the smallest? 1, 15, .25, .30, 26

8. If Timmy plays baseball, and everyone who plays baseball wears a hat... does Timmy wear a hat?

And the answers...

1. Don't be a ****ing retard.
    2. Learn the English language.
    3. Use the rope... to hang yourself now if you got this wrong.
    4. Far enough to mow down anyone dumb enough to answer this question incorrectly.
    5. Enough to buy a low-end chainsaw to decapitate you because you're too stupid to get out of the damn way if you can't answer this!
    6. What your parents were in order to induce the chromosomal damage to you to make you unable to answer this question correctly...
    7. Here's a hint - it's a number which represents the amount above "capable of breathing" that the IQ of most pro athletes hovers.
    8. YES TIMMY WEARS A GODDAMNED HAT. IT'S HOT OUTSIDE AND HE NEEDS TO SHIELD HIS EYES TO CATCH THE BALL!

----------------------------

Further Edit!

The Wonderlic people claim that their test is used worldwide for employment screening! DEAR GOD, PLEASE TELL ME THEY REQUIRE A PERFECT SCORE TO EMPLOY ANYONE!
    Last edited by Gurm; 24 May 2007, 06:52. Reason: Added EVEN MORE!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Just watched "Idiocracy"...

I guess only technological singularity can save us ("us"?) now...

Comment

Blindness, intoxication, non-functionnal pencil/pen, wrong prescription of glasses/contact lenses, arrived really late and didn't have sufficient time to answer most of the questions, disabilites (broken hand/fingers, mental retardation, etc..), illiterate, don't know the language.

Those would all be perfect excuses for not being able to get a fairly decent score otherwise your just dumb cause those questions are easy.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I can't really believe they are all this easy.

Originally posted by wikipedia
        Average scores for ordinary people

While an average football player usually scores around 20 points, The Wonderlic, Inc claims a score of at least 10 points suggests a person is literate [4]. Furthermore, when the test was given to miscellaneous people of various professions, it was observed that the average participant scored a 24. Examples of scores from everyday professions included,
        Chemist - 31
        Programmer - 29
        Newswriter - 26
        Sales - 24
        Bank teller - 22
        Clerical Worker - 21
        Security Guard - 17
        Warehouse - 15
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
          I can't really believe they are all this easy.

Actually it's not as obvious as Gurm says it is. If you do a search on google you'll find some example questions.

Comment

hooray for chemists!

mfg
            wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Wow, a warehouse scored 15! That's an inanimate object!
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
                Wow, a warehouse scored 15! That's an inanimate object!
                very good point. makes you wonder about the abstract concept "sales".

mfg
                wulfman
                "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                "Lobsters?"
                "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

I dunno. I used ESPN's "sample test" and those questions were pretty much all that was there. Lemme see if I can find some other sample test, and I'll repost it here.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Here's one:

And the questions...

1. Look at the row of numbers below. What number comes next?

8, 4, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4 ?

1/2
                    1/8
                    1/4

2. Assume the first two statements are true.

The boy plays football. All football players wear helmets. The boy wears a helmet.

Is the final statement:

True?
                    False?
                    Not Certain

3. How many of the five pairs of items below are exact duplicates?

Nieman, K.M. Neiman, K.M.
                    Thomas, G.K. Thomas, C.K.
                    Hoff, J.P. Hoff, J.P.
                    Pino, L.R. Pina, L.R.
                    Warner, T.S. Wanner, T.S.

4. RESERVE | RESENT -- Do these words

have similar meanings?
                    have contradictory meanings?
                    mean neither the same nor opposite?

5. One of the numbered figures in the following drawing is most different from the others. What is the number in that figure?

(there's several four-sided figures here, and ONE six-sided figure, number 4)

6. The ninth month of the year is

October
                    January
                    June
                    September
                    May

7. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?

8. The hours of daylight and darkness in SEPTEMBER are nearest equal to the hours of daylight and darkness in:

June
                    March
                    May
                    November

9. Assume the first two statements are true.

Bill greeted Beth. Beth greeted Ben. Bill did not greet Ben.

Is the final one:

True?
                    False?
                    Not Certain

Comment

Here are some more, several sample sets:

Prepare with our Wonderlic practice test questions. These questions will help you increase your Wonderlic test score. Learn more.

Set 1:

These questions are MUCH harder. I don't know if they changed the test or if the other links I saw were just ... LYING ... ?

Now, ironically, question 2 refers to a backyard with dimensions 11x13 as a "square". ROFLMAO!

And... question number 6, about the different number of boy-girl pairings... has the wrong answer, or else it is worded ridiculously poorly (the correct answer is 144, of course or else they should have said "simultaneous pairings")! Jeez, this doesn't bode well does it?

Set 2:

Question 3 has two reasons, they only provide one. Not too egregious.

Their answer is 78, because they claim the sequence is "(x+1)*2". However, the sequence could easily also be x+(offset*2), i.e. 3+5=8+10=18+20=38+40=78. Same answer, different logic.

Similarly with question 4. Same answer, two ways to get there, but that's ok.

HOWEVER, their answer for #5 is flat wrong. They claim 1/3 divided by 3... is 1/6!

Set 3:

This one makes me crazy. Clearly the people GIVING this test are dumber than the people TAKING it!

Their reasoning for why words should mean the same thing as each other is ridiculous.

Produce... and reduce. Opposites? Not really. They claim that produce means to create, and reduce means to partially erase, so since create and erase are opposite... however, produce usually means to bring forth, and reduce means to lessen. In that case, they are unrelated. NOT a good question for a football dummy.

Abstain... retain? They say opposite. Retain means keep. Abstain means never do it. WTF? Again they make an argument but it's a BAD one. Jeez, if they really give these questions out, no WONDER people get them wrong!

Convert... invert? They claim that "both mean to alter something". WHAAAT? Convert means make X into Y. Invert means make X into 1/X. Err... huh?

------------------

So let me revise my statement. If anyone gets all of those "set 3" questions right, it means that their mastery of language is ... fundamentally poor, and yet RIGHT ON TRACK with the rest of America! WOO! Congratulations son! You're as illiterate as everyone else!

Comment

Here's another, just as dumb as previous ones. I'm starting to wonder if it's really as hard (and as WRONG) as that last one made it out to be?

Comment

These tests seems pretty easy to you and me, but I'm starting to think that maybe some people just didn't care or were too lazy to give it a fair shot? Maybe the population is just plain retarded.

Comment

I think the truth is all too simple. People are generally too lazy when it comes to comprehending questions posed to them when they are not adequately vested in the results.

In other words, they just don't care.
                            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jessterw View Post
                              I think the truth is all too simple. People are generally too lazy when it comes to comprehending questions posed to them when they are not adequately vested in the results.

In other words, they just don't care.

In other words, you're saying "he's not a trog ,he's just ... distracted"? ROFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X