Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so sick of this. F$*K Asus.

I built my PC in ~Feb of 06.

~6 months later, I got tired of how unstable it was. I swapped out my Asus a8r-MVP for an a8n-SLI premium. From then on it was pretty stable.

A few weeks ago, I shut down my PC so that I could sleep without hearing the fans. Note that my PC is typically on 24/7/365. The next night, after one of my 20 hour work days, I went to turn the machine on by pressing the power button. Nothing. Suspecting the power switch on my case, I pulled apart the PC and jumped the pins on the motherboard. Booted right up, hadn't shut it down since, until...

Friday. I shut the PC off to install a new HDD. However, something came up before I even got to attempt it. Worked my ass off all weekend, and went to turn the machine back on. Power button, jumping the board, nothing. It won't power up at all.

The green LED on the mobo is illuminated. I pulled everything out of the case and layed it out on a cardboard box. Still won't boot. With only 1 stick of RAM, the CPU, and the video card, it won't even pretend to boot. Reinstalled the CPU/RAM/everything. Reset CMOS. Nothing. I'm so aggravated I could scream. Why do I have horrible luck with this machine? It's not even 1.5 years old, and I'm probably going onto my third ASUS mobo by now.

Why are you so sure it's the mobo? Why are you buying an Asus yet again when you suspect their boards to not be nice to you?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well, if it's a matter of it not even attemping to power on, it's probably either the mobo or the PSU.

I won't be buying another Asus, but if I RMA this thing, I may get a free replacement.

Comment

And why have you ruled out the PSU?
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
          And why have you ruled out the PSU?
          I haven't.

Comment

No fans at all ?

I've had a couple of boards start the fans, and thats all, no beeps nothing...
            They were dead.

You got no beeps? there IS a speaker on the mobo no ? (sometimes its not soldered...)
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

You know, I had a system like this that JUST WOULD NOT BOOT. Nothing. No response. But it was the RAM. Weird, huh?
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
                No fans at all ?
                ?

I have fans plugged into the board, if that's what you're asking.

I've had a couple of boards start the fans, and thats all, no beeps nothing...
                They were dead.
                The only thing that gets power is the green LED on the mobo. That's it.

You got no beeps? there IS a speaker on the mobo no ? (sometimes its not soldered...)

No beeps, yes, there is a speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                  You know, I had a system like this that JUST WOULD NOT BOOT. Nothing. No response. But it was the RAM. Weird, huh?

I pulled the RAM. it should at least power on and beep at me. no dice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino View Post
                    I pulled the RAM. it should at least power on and beep at me. no dice.

Jumpered the BIOS reset pins yet?
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

yep

Comment

Was that the one you flashed with the wrong bios????
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post
                          Was that the one you flashed with the wrong bios????
                          I think so, but it never flashed...it would fail before it would allow it to.

When I did that, I mixed up the numbers between my current board and the board I had the week before that (hence why I was trying to flash it with the wrong bios).

Either way, that has nothing to do with the board not powering up.

Comment

Tried a PSU tester a friend lent me. It was only a 20 pin tester, but the 20 pins that it tested came up clean. :-/

Comment

Looks like others with my board are having similar problems. I posted a thread on y'alls favorite website.

I built my PC in ~Feb of 06. ~6 months later, I got tired of how unstable it was. I swapped out my Asus a8r-MVP for an a8n-SLI premium. From then on it was pretty stable. A few weeks ago, I shut down my PC so that I could sleep without hearing the fans. Note that my PC is typically on...

Comment

Working...
                              X