Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD need UltraDMA, but CDRW hates it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD need UltraDMA, but CDRW hates it!!!!

DVD-ROM need UltraDMA if I use it with Matrox G400, but if busmaster drivers are on CDRW does not work! If I uninstall busmaster driver CDRW works fine but DVD-movies skip much frames! If I disable busmaster on second hardware profile Windows98 can't find any CD or DVD drives in this profile!

Is it possible to make two hardware profilies. First use UltraDMA and second normal IDE driver, and how? I tried but can't do that! It is one or the other or either one not in all busmaster profilies!

------------
    AMD K6-2 450Mhz
    Toshiba 1212DVD
    Mitsumi 4802 CDRW
    Asus P5A-B motherboard

Pasi,

You can enable/disable UDMA for every device separately from your mobo BIOS. Install the drivers for Windows but disable UDMA for CD-RW. That should do it.

Onnea yritykselle!

_
    B

Comment

Here is my suggestion. Since the DVD and HDD require UDMA for proper operation, put them on the primary IDE chain. The HDD sould be Master, of course, with the DVD being slave. Then leave the CDRW on the secondary IDE chain as the master drive. That will let the CDRW operate totally seperate from the UDMA devices. Some people may call this bad PC etiquette, including myself, but if it works, who cares.

Jammrock

------------------
      My computer can play all of my games well...except TA: Kingdoms, which I think you need a Kray to play.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yes, the HDD and CD-RW should be on the separate controllers in the first place since only then you can read from HDD and write to CD-RW at the same time.

_
        B

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 10-08-1999).]

Comment

I tested it, but if busmaster is enabled CD-burning software WinOnCD and PackedCD don't work! If busmaster and the programmes have been installed, then Windows will not find DVD amd CDRW drives at correctly!

Comment

Working...
          X