Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Attorney General sues Dell

Link....

New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has sued computer maker Dell, alleging the company and its financial services partner engaged in deceptive business practices.

New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has announced that his office has filed a lawsuit against computer maker Dell and its affiliate company, Dell Financial Services LP, allegeding numerous deceptive "bait and switch" advertising and failing to live up to customer service promises.

"At Dell, customer service means no service at all," said Cuomo in a statement. "Dell's consumers were intentionally misled, and they had to pay for that privilege. I hope this lawsuit sends a message to companies large and small that delivering a product is simply not enough—the promises they make must be delivered as well."

The case is being handled by the state's Consumer Frauds and Protection Bureau, which claims to have received an unprecedented level of complaints about Dell and its financing partner. According to allegations in papers filed in Albany, New York, Dell repeatedly failed to provide timely onsite repair to customers with service contracts and promises of "expedited" service and pressured customers on service contracts to service hardware components themselves. The suit also alleges Dell discouraged customers from seeking technical support by subjecting them to long wait times, disconnections, and repeated transfers, and claims the company used known-defective "refurbished" parts to repair and replace consumer's gear.

The lawsuit also accuses Dell of enticing customers with "classic bait-and-switcH" schemes, offering "no interest" and "no payment" financing plans, but then denying those deals even to consumers with good credit scores.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post

Having worked for Dell for 3 and half years I can confirm at least one of the allegations.

and claims the company used known-defective "refurbished" parts to repair and replace consumer's gear.
    Sorry to inform all you Dell owners but this is very true. Even when you bought parts from the Spare Parts departement you bought refurbished crap.

But the 4 hour onsite service was actually done in 4 hours upon receiving the tech support call. I should know, I had to go see my manager to get him to call the techs. Not sure if it holds up today though.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Oh, I did a few Dell-outsourced on-site service calls. It was a zoo. Show up at the parts depot, you get $30 per call no matter how long it takes so HUSTLE. Parts replacement ONLY. No servicing, don't touch the software. Does it boot? Good. Get out of there.

THAT didn't last long.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
        Oh, I did a few Dell-outsourced on-site service calls. It was a zoo. Show up at the parts depot, you get $30 per call no matter how long it takes so HUSTLE. Parts replacement ONLY. No servicing, don't touch the software. Does it boot? Good. Get out of there.

THAT didn't last long.
        That would explain why most companies have a certified Dell tech working directly for them instead of taking the 4hr onsite service.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
        X