Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Release: June 13, 2008 (USA)

Director: Louis Leterrier (Transporter, Transporter 2)

Exec Producer: Ari Arad (Punisher, Iron Man)

Producer: Gale Ann Hurd (Terminator, T2, T3, Aliens, Tremors, Armageddon, Punisher)

Makeup & F/X: Stan Winston

Synopsis: Depicting the events after the Gamma Bomb. 'The Incredible Hulk' tells the story of Dr Bruce Banner, who seeks a cure to his unique condition, which causes him to turn into a giant green monster under emotional stress. Whilst on the run from military which seeks his capture, Banner comes close to a cure. But all is lost when a new creature emerges; The Abomination.

Cast:

Bruce Banner: Edward Norton

Betty Ross: Liv Tyler

Emile Blonsky/The Abomination: Tim Roth

The Abomination

In the comics Emil Blonsky is a KGB agent who becomes the Abomination after deliberately exposing himself to the same gamma radiation (but in a greater quantity) that transforms Bruce Banner into the Hulk.

As a result, Blonsky is transformed into a massive green-skinned monster with physical strength exceeding even that of the Hulk. While able to retain his mental faculties, Blonsky soon discovered that he is unable to return to human form.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 May 2007, 01:11.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Is this not being done as a sequel to the recent Hulk movie?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Far as I can tell it is and it isn't. It follows the origin story, but not necessarily that of film 1 but that of the comics. I say that because the synopsis references the "gamma bomb", which in the comics was a weapon Banner was working on for S.H.I.E.L.D. when he had his accident.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

As much as I like Norton and while I think he could certainly pull it off, I really don't think he feels right for the role. He has a more devious look to him than I'd imagine someone playing Banner would have.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

They decided a while back that a hulk sequel wouldn't be made, just another hulk movie.

I actually really liked the first one. Agree that Ed doesn't seem right. I'll also miss Jennifer...
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I won't miss the incredible stretching pants!
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
            X