Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Failed to build preview graph" when capturing from handycam

Hi
    I am a previous owner of VS 8 and operated fine, easy to use. I had to change my PC to a Lenovo Duo Core 2 Gb Ram, 240Gb HDD running Vista Business. When I try to capture video from my Handycam DCR HC42E with my firewire I get the message "Failed to build preview graph" and nothing happens. I am not sure where to look next, why doesn't it recognise my video from the HandyCam
    I'd appreciate any help.
    thanks

Sometimes that message results from not having the latest driver for your video display adapter installed.

My two cents.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

No luck

Tried that didn't work any other ideas. Some other forum suggested to get a monitor driver update, I am running a Chimei CMV 938D 19" screen but their site has no drivers?

Comment

1. Tried the update patches for version 8?

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

2. Do you have the latest DirectX from Microsoft?

Jerry Jones
        I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

I don't think VS8 will work under Vista.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Sorry guys didn't make myself clear I upgraded and bought VS 10+. plus downloaded vista patch
            I am convinced it is a conflict somewhere in the monitor, video capture card or Vista colour scheme? I also get a notice on windows saying a program is incompatible and it is going to Windows Vista basic colour scheme. I looked in the properties of the screen and it calls it a "Generic PNP monitor" Is that what it is I can't find what a Generic PNP monitor means.

Also I did have a problem with the "ATI external event utility viewer .exe not working" but seems to have gone now after reinstalling ATI software
            thanks

Comment

Well this was the best forum for help compared to the others (including the ULead site!) Thanks Jerrold & Brian.

I should have known (from experience & my last problems as a novice installing VS8) and for anyone else who comes across this problem with Vista it seems it is all about drivers & updates and after pouring of multiple website forums it became clear that I needed to reinstall & update any drivers and software remotely relavent to my problem...no sure what I did but I seems to have self fixed the problem. Still have some my glitches but now I can burn my DVs. ie freezing when saving VSP & Vista Colour basic scheme change appears due to some software conflict but can live with that for the moment, I look forward to those further patches!!!!!!
              Case closed

What I did
              1/ Updated my Video Capture card driver
              2/ Removed and reinstalled ULead VS 10 plus
              3/ Downloaded Ulead Vista patch & SP1

thanks again and hope this helps someone in the future who maybe a little less experienced than me

Comment

Working...
              X