congrats to brian & cyprus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• congrats to brian & cyprus

... looks like you are going to have to use the € soon.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

No congrats, condolences, please. It will be used as an excuse to round up all the prices. There is a kind of syndicate here of blokes who look after parking lots. They have a standard price of £1 per half-day (app $2.20). They have already announced that they are increasing their prices on 1.1.08 to €2 (app $2.75), a 25% increase. Only 18 months ago, it was £0.50 when they upped it 100%. This is only the first of many, I anticipate.

OTOH, Carrefour have already announced they are rounding DOWN all their prices to the nearest €0.05: it remains to be seen whether other supermarkets will follow suit, but I doubt it.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

here in the Netherlands the rounding works nicely, never saw any 1 or 2 cent pieces, except for the Austrian ones that I brought with me.

and regarding prices: in most countries there was some kind of law that made it illegal to raise prices. years later, people are still complaining about price increases (especially in restaurants/bars), but officially/on average it didn't increase. who knows...

mfg
      wulfman
      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
      "Lobsters?"
      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

It's illegal here, too, but who cares about laws in this country? If anyone gets booked, the sister of the aunt of the best man at your brother's wedding is the chief of police and he'll cancel the charge. There is even a word for it: koumbari-ism (o koumbari means the best man at a wedding). I kid you not.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
          It's illegal here, too, but who cares about laws in this country? If anyone gets booked, the sister of the aunt of the best man at your brother's wedding is the chief of police and he'll cancel the charge. There is even a word for it: koumbari-ism (o koumbari means the best man at a wedding). I kid you not.
          wasta!
          /meow
          Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
          Asus Striker ][
          8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
          Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

heh... alot like litle old leb....

then again.. we are neighbours
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
            X