Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Stupid Laws proposed

Now lets Ban smoking while you drive.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Another idea for another unforcable law. I think really these people would be better employed doing something else. They can't enforce the Mobile Phone law so bringing another one in would be a complete waste of time.

I suppose next on the list will be talking while you drive.

Picking you nose.

Sneezing. Now sneezing while you drive is really dangerous. So if you caught with a cold instant ban.

Coughing another serious one.

anymore???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Sounds reasonable seeing as it is something in your hand that is burning.

Comment

Oh yes they can enforce it. All they need is a marker that will change if exposed to cigarette smoke. And force that to be installed in cars. And replaced every year with MOT.

Smoking when driving is dangerous. What would you do if you dropped a lit cigarette in the car when driving? And it dropped between the seat and the door ( you know the bit all your money goes in). What would you do? I dropped a lit cigarette between the dash and the steering wheel, and almost got hit by another car years ago.

Is the fabric in cars flame retardant enough to withstand a lit cig just lying on the floor? I dont want to test.

Still smoke though, just a bit more careful.

Comment

Is there a law against masturbating while driving?
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Probably
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I think it's ok as long as you have a hands free kit.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post

Picking you nose.
              As the father of a six year old I would like to say:

For the love of God, please pass this law!
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

They have a law against driving while on a cell phone yet how many people do I see a day tallking on their cell while driving? Wether they pass it or not makes no difference.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT View Post
                  Now lets Ban smoking while you drive.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Another idea for another unforcable law. I think really these people would be better employed doing something else. They can't enforce the Mobile Phone law so bringing another one in would be a complete waste of time.

I suppose next on the list will be talking while you drive.

Picking you nose.

Sneezing. Now sneezing while you drive is really dangerous. So if you caught with a cold instant ban.

Coughing another serious one.

anymore???
                  Good reason to keep a gun in the car..... Arrrr....
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM View Post
                    Good reason to keep a gun in the car..... Arrrr....
                    You're not allowed to use it while driving
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                      You're not allowed to use it while driving

LOL!!!!!!!
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I think it is a good idea!
                        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Outlaw passengers, they can be really distracting
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

They were discussing this on the3 news. Theres very little evidence that cigarettes cause accidents.

That maybe becuase they burn and tend to get tossed out of the window. So the evidence would be removed from the scene in most cases anyway. Also could you prove that the cig was lit at the time of the accident and not afterwards???

I was reading one time about unexplained accidents, like when cars just go off a straight road and crash without anyone else being involved. This person had a theory that a Bee or a Wasp gets into the car the driver tries to swat it loses control and the wasp or bee flies away from the accident.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff View Post
                              Oh yes they can enforce it. All they need is a marker that will change if exposed to cigarette smoke. And force that to be installed in cars. And replaced every year with MOT.
                              New cars don't need MOT's.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X