Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elecard's AVCHD-To-HDV Converter: $75

Elecard's AVCHD to HDV converter:

Professional software products for video analysis and monitoring, IPTV solutions, digital broadcasting and video streaming, transcoding and VOD-servers.

Interesting program.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Did anyone use it yet?

If so, what's your opinion of it?

Andy.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

I downloaded the DEMO and each time I attempt to open a .M2TS file from the Sony HDR-UX1 AVCHD camcorder, the program CRASHES.

So I have an extremely negative opinion.

Moreover, it uses the MAINCONCEPT SDK, apparently.

I'll be rolling back my computer.

Jerry Jones

Comment

So, we have a nice, affordable Sony camcorder and not a good way to edit that source so far….. .

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Not exactly.

My laptop is slow... 2.4ghz AMD Athlon 64.

Yet, I have no trouble *editing* the AVCHD clips.

The problem is the appearance of the clips after I'm *done* with editing.

The edges of subjects in motion seem to exhibit too much of the typical MPEG-2 double-image "flutter."

Perhaps this is normal for HD MPEG-2, but I'm still studying this issue.

But editing the clips is not a problem in VideoStudio 11 Plus because the software allows you to down-convert the original source clips to any small-frame format you wish to use as a "smart proxy" and then -- when editing is finished -- the proxy files link back to the HD originals for output, which is clever.

So you can edit AVCHD in a most "snappy" fashion -- even on slow computers -- using VideoStudio 11 Plus.

The only question is the quality of the MainConcept codec implementation in Ulead software.

I'm tempted to buy Pinnacle Studio 11 to find out if that company has managed to get better quality results from their encoder.

But all solutions for AVCHD currently on the market appear to force you to transcode your AVCHD/MPEG-4 to HD MPEG-2 for editing.

I'm not sure about the Pinnacle on that point, but I think even that software forces the transcode to HD MPEG-2.

The only other big problem with VideoStudio 11 Plus is that it is basically imcompatible with Ulead DVD Workshop 2 on the same computer.

So -- aside from the codec quality issue that I'm studying right now -- VideoStudio 11 Plus does offer the advantage of allowing users with slow computers to work with AVCHD.

In addition, it allows for burning "HD DVD" format high definition discs (with menus).

Jerry Jones

Comment

Working...
          X