Need help taking apart my laptop :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help taking apart my laptop :(

I have managed to snap a 3.5mm TOSlink connector inside the laptop. Unfortunatley is has snapped flush with the exterior so there is nothing to grab hold of.

I've tried using superglue to attach a pin to the connector but I can't get a stong enough seal. I think the only option is to try and poke it out from the inside.

Does anyone have advice on taking apart a laptop? It is a HP dv6174ea.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Pretty sure you won't be able to poke out from inside either.
    Surprised superglue didn't work.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

yeah me too.. i suspect that some might have got inbetween the jack and the socket

bugger.
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Well, if you have a rather large air compressor - you can create enough pressure inside to blow it out
        Can you drill a small hole in the toslink and attach a small screw to it?
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

pictures?
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Cheers guys. I thinkan air compressor would be a bad idea! The screw might work though... I'll dig out the camera and get pictures

Comment

Or drill/poke a small hole in it, fill that with superglue and stick a needle in it.
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The air compressor bit was a joke - especially if you have super glued the plug to the jack.
                  "do not try this at home, kids"
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

The compressor would clear any dust out of it.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Fixed it!

I managed to drill a 2mm hole through the connector and then screw into it.
                      Cheers for the help guys!

I have attached two pics.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X