The worlds most expensive pants ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worlds most expensive pants ....

unfortunately this is not funny, not at all ....

WASHINGTON - The Chungs, immigrants from South Korea, realized their American dream when they opened their dry-cleaning business seven years ago in the nation's capital.

For the past two years, however, they've been dealing with the nightmare of litigation: a $65 million lawsuit over a pair of missing pants.
    But the bulk of the $65 million comes from Pearson's strict interpretation of D.C.'s consumer protection law, which fines violators $1,500 per violation, per day. According to court papers, Pearson added up 12 violations over 1,200 days, and then multiplied that by three defendants.
    Incredible ... sad

Full story here:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18471265?GT1=9951
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

just another story that shows that any law can be distorted in a bad way...
    and this guy pearson is a judge????

Comment

Originally posted by NetSnake View Post
      and this guy pearson is a judge????
      Guess not for long. Common sense seems to be making a slow comeback.
      Sherman Joyce, president of the American Tort Association, has written a letter to the group of men who will decide this week whether to renew Pearson's 10-year appointment. Joyce is asking them to reconsider.

Comment

As I see it, the bastard is doing it for the single reason to destroy the life's for the dry cleaner owners
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by NetSnake View Post
          just another story that shows that any law can be distorted in a bad way...
          It's much easier with a germanic law system (as in the USA) than a romanic one (as we have here).
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

wow, I had heard about this but didn't know what it was about. Very sad. I hope the judge gets what he deserves, life in hell.
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Well it's over, he lost

Plaintiff Gets Nothing in $54M Case of Missing Pants
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Let's everybody pray together...

It was a pointed rebuke of Pearson's claim, and came with an order to pay the cleaners' court costs. But even bigger troubles may loom for Pearson.Financially, he could soon be on the hook for tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees incurred by the owners of Customer Cleaners. Attorneys for the Chungs have said they will seek such payments, as well as sanctions against Pearson for bringing the lawsuit. Bartnoff said in her ruling that she would decide those issues after both sides have filed their motions, counter-motions and legal briefs.
                Professionally, Pearson could find himself out of his $96,000-a-year job as an administrative law judge for the District government.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

And the best of it all:

Professionally, Pearson could find himself out of his $96,000-a-year job as an administrative law judge for the District government.

Amen for that!!!!!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

He and Nifong should have plenty to talk about, and I hope they both burn in hell
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                    X