Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My company gets hit with a racial discrimination lawsuit

http://tinyurl.com/28kf96

I don't want to mention the company name so it doesn't get any hits in google, but felt I had to say something and all of you know who I work for anyway This lawsuit is laughable at best.

On just my team alone, there is 1 black, 1 Asian, 4 Indians and 5 whites. 2 of the whites aren't even from this country. So there is MORE "minorities" on my team than white people! Some of the engineering teams are ALL Indian and Asian and this is just what I can see from my point of view. The article above says that 43% of our company calls themselves "minority". 43%! That is a sh!t load more than most companies in the US.

And this part: "The letters urged Cisco to engage in settlement talks with the agency or risk a lawsuit.".

To me, that basically says that we are just in it for the money, so hurry up and giveit to us and we won't drag this out in court. So there, my 2 cents on the bullsh!t.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I'm with you.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Shakespeare said it best; "The first thing we must do is kill all the lawyers,"
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia View Post
        http://tinyurl.com/28kf96

To me, that basically says that we are just in it for the money, so hurry up and giveit to us and we won't drag this out in court.

Legal Terror, from a legal point of view too.

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

The US needs to pass a law that allows judges to throw out stupid cases like this, like UK judges can. Most tech companies have a large minority population these days. And while those minority canidates might have been qualified, the people they did hire could have been far more experienced and suited for the job. Total nonesense. This is almost as bad as the $65 million pants suit.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Don't even get me started on the "pants suit"
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You racist pigs why are you employing nasty whiteys. You know you should employ all colours before nasty white trash.

All whiteys are racist pigs and shouldn't be employed or even considered for a job.

It's sort of getting like that in some senses.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

A long time ago whem my mom worked at some place that did home mortgages. One day a black couple were buying a house or something and were filling out the paperwork. When they saw that the section that asked for race they got all pissed off and started complaining about racism and were reluctant to believe that it's the feds who put those questions on those forms to help ensure that the place is really is acting as an equal opportunity lender.

Comment

Working...
                X