Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the MS intellimouse explorer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the MS intellimouse explorer?

I have a gift certificate that i'm dying to use and my ps\2 mouse I have now is a piece, does anyone own one of those non movable parts cool looking ones that are about $70. I have just about everything else I need so I thought I might pick one up

------------------
    Asus P2b(1010),P3 450,128 mb pc100,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 10 gb hd,Sb Live,Win 98
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

I've read that since it doesn't respond as good to movement as regular mice, it's less suited for games. If you decide to get one, maybe you can report back and tell us about it.

Comment

i got me one yesterday. i love it. as for use when playign games i have spent all day today playing silver which totaly requires the mouse and it has had no problems.

Comment

Thanks! Is there only one model(the one I saw had about 4 buttons on it)
        Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

according to the ms web site http://www.microsoft.com/hardware there are 2 different optical mice, however when i went to compusa on saturday to buy mine they only had the one. the one is the normal 3 button one and the explorer is a 5 button one that you can program the buttons to be what you wantthem to be, by default the two buttons on the side are defined to be forward and back in web browsers.

Comment

Firing Squad had a preview review awhile back. Here's the link: http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...re/default.asp
            Still waiting for the movers to deliver my signature from the old board.

Comment

Eh, still not about to give up my Mouseman. Comfy....
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, me too. Mouseman+ rocks. Until logitech comes out with an optical mouse, I'm not switching...
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Hey Kookstick, I picked up one of the Intellimouse Explorer mice 2 days ago, and I returned it to the store today. I liked the mouse for a couple of reasons. It was smoother and more precise than the regular Intellimouse, it was USB, and it just looked cool with the red glow in the dark . Also, the two extra buttons proved useful. However, if you play FPS games very often, I'll wager that you will not like this mouse. The intense action of FPS games can result in some pretty erratic behavior due to the sampling rate of the CCD, especially if you are a "wrist flicker" type of player. Also, the weight of the mouse is a problem. The mouse is just too light for my taste. This contributes to a feeling that it's not particularly well built. You might like this mouse alot, but I didn't. It's a good idea with a few implementation problems as far as I'm concerned. My recommendation is to go to a store with a lenient return policy and just try it out for a while, and if you don't like it, just take it back...

--Manex
                  ABIT BF6, P3-600E FC-PGA @800, 128MB Crucial 7ns SDRAM, IBM Deskstar 10GXP, Matrox Millenium G400 DH 32MB, Sound Blaster Live!, D-LINK 10/100 Ethernet, Adaptec 2940UW, Plextor 32X CDROM, Plextor 4X/12X CD-R, SCSI Zip Drive, Motorola Cybersurfr Cable Modem

Comment

That's what I read was that it had a hard time with fast movements and that some surfaces don't work well with it. Thanks everyone. Later

Comment

Working...
                    X