Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinnacle Studio 11 To Feature NATIVE AVCHD EDITING

This is pretty impressive news about Avid's Pinnacle Studio 11 software:

Slated to reach store shelves in May 2007, the Pinnacle Studio 11 family is designed to meet the needs of a wide range of video enthusiasts with three products – Studio, Studio Plus and Studio Ultimate. The product family offers powerful video creation and sharing capabilities that address the latest consumer video trends, including support for new HD media types like AVCHD, the new operating system Microsoft Windows Vista™, and Web publishing for online video sharing. The extensive range of features includes a complete HD workflow, with native HDV and AVCHD editing, and HD DVD disc burning. Users can burn discs on a standard DVD burner using standard DVD discs, and depending on the format, can play them on the latest HD DVD players.
    Lots of firms have been playing games with the term "native."

Sony, for example, uses the term "native" to describe the ability of Vegas to import transport stream MPEG files from HDV camcorders directly into the timeline, but what Sony fails to mention is that there is no built-in smart MPEG rendering of such files.

So I'm curious to find out if Pinnacle's new software can really edit AVCHD *with smart render.*

If so, then that's pretty impressive.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
    Last edited by Jerry Jones; 3 May 2007, 19:44.

Interesting.

The Avid Pinnacle Studio 11 Plus minimum system requirements indicate that AVCHD editing requires a minimum of an Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.4 GHz or higher.

Jerry Jones

Comment

In reading the Avid Pinnacle Studio Plus 11 specifications, I suspect they're playing games with the term "native."

Notice how AVCHD is *not* listed in the output formats.

This might suggest they want you to convert the AVCHD/MPEG-4 to HDV/MPEG-2 for output.

I suspect there may be no smart AVCHD rendering in this software.

If so, that's lame.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Working...
      X