StarCraft 2 at long last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarCraft 2 at long last?

Rumors have been floating around again that Blizzard will finally announce StarCraft 2. The reason why people think it will finally happen? Because Blizzard has confirmed they are going to announce a new product at the World Wide StarCraft Invitational tournament in Seoul, South Korea on 19 May. What else they announce at world wide starcraft tournament? If they don't announce it, chances are the Blizzard reps will get lynched. StarCraft is more popular in S. Korea than breathing, and super star SC players dates supermodels and TV/movie stars.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

From what I had heard previously (meaning the last 3-5 years) they would be releasing something set in a completely new universe. But considering they are making the announcement in Korea, SC2 does seem a little more likely. I can't wait either way! (please don't make it an MMO, PLZ!!!!11)
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

STARCRAFT 2!!!!!!!!!!1 http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/starcraft-2/790124p1.html
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

This deserves a new thread, one without a question mark in the title...

Comment

Damn. There's no way this will play on my macbook

Hope it takes another two years or so, by then I could maybe afford a notebook with enough graphics power.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

you could have gotten a thinkpad for the same price, but with at least some kind of graphics card.

but I don't think my X1300 will be happily playing SC2 either.

mfg
            wulfman
            "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
            "Lobsters?"
            "Really? I didn't know they did that."
            "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

I couldn't have gotten OSX then, could I? And I really wanted something small, and small and long running means no 3D. (Ideally I'd want a 12" with 1440x900 and tablet features, from apple, with a solid state HDD, docking station (with optical drive in there, to save weight when travelling) and 3D accelerator and UMTS built in.)

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                I couldn't have gotten OSX then, could I? And I really wanted something small, and small and long running means no 3D.
                incidentally, there is an OSX forum on thinkpads.com. otherwise: j/k.

mfg
                wulfman
                "Lobsters?"

Comment

My God that site's ugly! It's like 1997 all over again! And, joking aside, OSX on non-apple hardware kinda defeats the purpose of having something hassle-free, doesn't it?

BTW, a good, free, open source, multiplatform turn-based strategy game that reminds me of Warcraft II: http://www.wesnoth.org/

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                    My God that site's ugly! It's like 1997 all over again! And, joking aside, OSX on non-apple hardware kinda defeats the purpose of having something hassle-free, doesn't it?
                    well, apparently the Z-series is virtually built around the same hardware as a macbook, so everything works out of the box, except for the little detail about the legal status. pity though that the build quality of the Z series is not up to the T/X series. are we getting off topic here? didn't really want to start the mac-pc/OS/macbook-thinkpad-discussion all over again. sorry.

to come back to the topic - when I'm back in Austria and have access to my cds again: anybody up for a game? az?

mfg
                    wulfman
                    Last edited by Wulfman; 19 May 2007, 05:35.
                    "Lobsters?"

Comment

No problem, SC2 has its own topic now

If Thinkpad, then the X60, btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X