Intel Price Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Price Cuts

Intel has published price cuts of up to 40% for is 3000-sequence uni-processor server CPUs and updated its desktop CPU lineup with lower prices and new products.

E6700 down 40%, E6600 down 29%.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Oh great.
    Now I have to start all over planning my upgrade path.
    Darn it
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Wait for 45nm quadcore!

Pricing can get way too confusing - wait till the hardware thats out seems good, and something you could really make use of. Then look at price second.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Or wait for AMD's Barcelona. Interesting article in EE Times about it being much faster than Intels top 4-cores: +20% integer; +50% floating point in SPECcpu 2006.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          Or wait for AMD's Barcelona. Interesting article in EE Times about it being much faster than Intels top 4-cores: +20% integer; +50% floating point in SPECcpu 2006.
          I will wait.
          But it will be the upgrade after this.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

This and the price drops of AMD's chips happen days after my first upgrade in 2 years
            still I got a 4200+ EE for $100 so I can't complain
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I had planned that my next uppgrade would be a quad core compatible with my current mobo when they came down in a price range where a mere mortal can buy them but this might be worth waiting for
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I won't upgrade until next year. By then I'll get a great quad (maybe octo) core rig with dual DX10 cards and 4-8 GB of RAM all on a PCIe 2.0 mobo with Hypertransport 3 (if I go AMD) for around $2k. But my system is still less than 2-years old, and I upgrade on a 3 year cycle.

Maybe by then Terenzo and/or the Intel version of it will be out and I can do all sorts of fun combinations with it.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

4x4 Barcelona doesn't look like it will even match a pair of Clovertown's with Intel's V8 platform. And that is still using 65nm. By the time Barcelona is out Intel will almost (within months I'm sure) have their 45nm process out.

The main problem with the Clovertowns is that they are a bit on the hot side, but we've been hearing great things about Intel's 45nm for the past few years and does not look like it will disappoint.

Comment

Working...
                  X