Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get anonymous 3-button mouses middle button to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get anonymous 3-button mouses middle button to work?

I don't know if the subject was correct English, but who cares.

Well I bought anonymous 3-button mouse with no drivers with it. And Windows98 doesn't automaticly enable the middle button.
    Anybody knows how to get the middle button work.

--
    Arto
    --
    Cirrus

Try logitech drivers. If it's a serial mouse it will never work.

[This message has been edited by Hunsow (edited 09-29-1999).]

Comment

The third button does work in applications that support it (AutoCad for one), unless you have used some fancy driver that overrides the default function.

Pertti

Comment

I have the Logitech 3 button mouse but I dont bother installing the logitech drivers because Win98se installs 'PS/2 compatible port mouse' drivers which activates the third button (automatically).

Comment

For Example in Unreal tournament doesn't recognize the middle button. And in the control config screen there is a default function for middle mouse button. Driver is PS/2 Compatible mouse port. I am currently not using any CAD software. But If I remember correctly you could assign the middle button to do double-click somewhere, but haven't found that option to test.

--
          Arto
          --
          Cirrus

Comment

Hi,
            If you go along to the Windows 98 Annoyances page at http://www.annoyances.org/cgi-bin/ce-showtopic/004_027 you may get a solution to your problem.

If you have a Logitech mouse (that includes me) you need to install the MouseWare software that came with it (not with oem meeces) to redefine the middle button from it's default double-left button click. Check the readme if you plan to install an early version with Win98. There are other third party mouse software like Turbo Mouse (? I think) that comes highly recommended.

Cheers

Comment

There are logitech drivers on the windows98 cd. Just choose update driver and then you can get a list of manufacturers and then choose any of the logitech ps/2 mice.

Comment

Ok I installed a logitech driver called Other Logitech PS/2 mouse and now the middle button works.

Thank you.

--
                Arto
                --
                Cirrus

Comment

By Default the middle button seems to be kind of substitute of wheel. If you press it and then move mouse the it does excatly same thing as turning the wheel on wheel-mouse. Then if you press it second time the scrolling stops.

COOL.

--
                  Arto
                  --
                  Cirrus

Comment

Working...
                  X