Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Newbie asking for help on soft/hardware etc....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Newbie asking for help on soft/hardware etc....

Can anyone help?

I want to get into DVD and movies and so on.
    I have a Matrox Marvel G200 (European PAL Version)

My system is fast enough that I don't need hardware decoding for the movies (PIII 450 MHz, 320 Meg PC100 RAM)

My problem is with the region limiting.
    I'm sure that if I get software decoding, there will be info about how to crack the registry so that I can switch regions as many times as I want.

Has anyone tried this / does anyone know of any good software / does anyone kind person have any advice.

If anyone knows of hardware that can be cracked for multiple regions, that would be great, as otherwise I'll be using the Video out of my Marvel to take the signal to a TV.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks.

Reg, UK_DVD_Newbie

Remote Selector will take off region coding and Macromedia/macrovision, whatever it's called, stuff.

http://www.visualdomain.net/

Jammrock

------------------
    My computer can play all of my games well...except TA: Kingdoms, which I think you need a Kray to play.

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 09-28-1999).]
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hi there,

I use the remote relector myself in combination with a DVD encore (creative) works very nice! If you want software decoding you could try the powerdvd software, it has a region crack also available. Most software dvd decoders do not have a simple registry entry wich allows you to change the region setting... Get a hold of remote selector and you will find the programms it can hack! Good luck! If you live in the Netherlands, be sure to check out: www.dvdoutlet.nl and: www.a51..nl

Ramon

Comment

Working...
      X