• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Guardian

just watch it.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

kinda silly.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
      kinda silly.
      Looks great! If it was made as a real movie / game, it would most probably be a hit.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Oh! Yeah, the gfx were awesome!
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Exactly, the story was silly, how can they develop AI or even remotely guided mechs at that time, plus the power source... They can say it was some uber secret army project, still, it's far fetched, how can 3 nations have them ?
          Maybe some aliens or someone from the future gave them the technology ?

The dialogs were a bit silly and there were also some other inconsistencies that are mentioned in the comments (e.g. fuel tanks dropping).

The graphics are awesome, guess that's something we all agree on

Comment

Have not read the comments. One thing I noticed was that it is set in 1943 while the P51-D (mustangs) came into service March 1944. Moreover, it seems pretty silly to me to bash away at those robots with 0.5 cal guns when you have these huge cannons aboard those ships lying around... But again, the gfx was awesome.

Comment

Well, the basic story is intriguing.

Making the mecha crewed (like a tank) and having it attack the British, or skipping the german one and just going with the Japanese one.

Better yet skipping the code warrior altogether and have the "normal" forces slug it out with the mecha, the fighter planes should have rearmed with rockets and its downright suspicious that none of the battleships open fire on it when it wades through the port.

I would have loved seeing a squad of Shermans ripping into that mecha
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Don't be a sissy. Those ships have far bigger cannons than a measly sherman. You could let the allies encounter the Mech in the Sahara though.

Comment

Well, the ships cannons could be inoperational because all the sailors are with hookers. Also a way to show few woman tears/tragedy/feeling of guilt for the destruction of fleet. And show their war effort.

(damn, what's got into me? Crabby one will be proud )

PS. Oh yeah, and boobs, showing them will be basically plausible.

Comment

I am no longer crabby for one reason or another and it verily pisses me off. As for the rest, don't talk rubbish.

Comment

*IF* we go reality-check on everything, that robot would have drowned crossing the atlantic in the first place. Then again, did you go all reality-check on the story behind Red-Alert and the Russian Tesla tanks..?

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
                        *IF* we go reality-check on everything, that robot would have drowned crossing the atlantic in the first place. Then again, did you go all reality-check on the story behind Red-Alert and the Russian Tesla tanks..?
                        That is the least of the problems: as it was most probably dropped of from a ship
                        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

In order to drown, you must have lungs. I am not up-to-speed on the robots' fysiology but I doubt it had lungs.
                          There is a reason why we don't do a reality check on the robots: they are the subject of the movie! But the setting they are placed in, given that it is with a historic reference, may well be scrutinised for accurateness.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                            In order to drown, you must have lungs. I am not up-to-speed on the robots' fysiology but I doubt it had lungs.
                            There is a reason why we don't do a reality check on the robots: they are the subject of the movie! But the setting they are placed in, given that it is with a historic reference, may well be scrutinised for accurateness.
                            O-kay... replace drown with sink. At certain depths, like a submarine, water pressure will make it go poof. Not to mention salt will do wonders to all its joints etc.

Comment

Great animation!

Just don't overthink it, enjoy it for what it is.

Jörg
                              pixar
                              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                              X