Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeh... What's up doc?

Hi guys!

I just had my final phd presentation (well, some hours ago). A 45 minute presentation, with my family and friends in the audience, after which I was asked somoe questions by the examination board. The examination board then left the auditorium, only to come back with the joyfull news some 10 minutes later: I have my phd (phd in engineering: computer sciences)!

Only downside: so far I have no certainty for employment come May. Most likely I can start working on a project in September, but I still need to find something to bridge this period . Ah well, there is little doubt in my mind I'll come across something.

Dr. Jorg
    ('- just for today :-))
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Congrats!
    I have no doubt that you will find gainfull employment
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Congratulations!

That was a long 10 minutes was it not?
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

WHat about teaching the summer term ?

Congrats !

Comment

Congrats,
            Now party on and get really really drunk!

Comment

Congrats, Dr. Jorg!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Sweet! Way to go Jorg!!! Congrats!!
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Cool.

So, just how many doctors do we have here, officially?

Kevin

Comment

My Congratulations!

hehe another PHD in the group
                    (Permanently Head Damaged)
                    due to all the studying
                    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Awesome! Congrats to you, well deserved!
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Congratulations.

Me no PhD (a measly BSc), but I have a friend who is, three acquintances (sp?) and my wife is one. So I should be considered one anyway.
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Congrats Dr. Jorg.

Comment

Congratulations! With a Phd, you should have too much trouble finding a good job, good luck!
                            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Congrats Jörg !
                              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                              X