Finaly getting 10/10mbit broadband?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finaly getting 10/10mbit broadband?!?

I was going to get connected to the city grid broadband and had decided to go with the same provider as I already have for ADSL so I could keep my email addresses and don’t have to reupload all the stuff I have on the accompanying ftp accounts.

So I phone them and gets to their talk menu system and tells the computer that I want to talk to the city grid broadband department, it repeats what I said and asks if its correct and after my confirmation promptly puts me in the wrong queue

65 “you have queue number 65…….. you have queue number 64……. you have queue number 63” later I get to talk to a human who actually manages to connect me to the right queue

That one was only 3 people long.

Now the fun began, trying to get the salesperson to understand.
    She actually grasped the concept of what I wanted after just threatening to go to another provider
    Then I asked her if it was possible to only disconnect my ADSL after I had the other broadband up and running (telling her that of course Id be willing to pay for both the accounts when they overlapped).

That’s when the conversation deteriorated:

It wasn’t possible if I wanted to keep my email and ftp accounts

So I had to bite the bullet and my ADSL will be disconnected tomorrow and if everything works perfectly, I’ll get hooked up the same day to the city grid in theory….

Well, practically the disconnection of the ADSL on time depends on if they can remote it, otherwise it can take days or weeks before they send someone out to the phone station

The guy that hooks up the city grid is one of my friends so that will happen promptly if he gets a work order in time.

Still it’s the same guys that took about 2 weeks to fix the mess they made when botching the move on my ADSL from apartment B to apartment A
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

well, seems as they could remote disconnect my ADSL, it died 2 hours after midnight....

Now i just have to hope i wont have to dig out my analog modem
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well, I'm online again

And I resisted the urge to dig out the analogue modem

Comment

does that mean you have 10Mbit now?
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

yup

Comment

You getting 10mbit up as well?
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I am stuck with 9Mbit for the time being.. but it is not too bad for what I use it for
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
                You getting 10mbit up as well?
                Oh YEAH

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid View Post
                  Oh YEAH

Sweet, I only get 0.82Mbit up. Plus in my sector, they still haven't updated the UBR's so I can get a 7.1Mbit connection instead f 5.1Mbit.
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                  X