X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous sausage

Jeeezzz...

Diner scarred for life after sausage explodes in her face

A woman diner was left with horrific burns after a Portuguese sausage dish exploded in her face. The victim was eating with friends when the accident took place at the Sporting Clube de Londres in west London.

Restaurant owner Rui Daniel Faria Velosa was fined £4,000 and ordered to pay £2,000 costs for breaching safety rules.

Witnesses described how the flaming chorizo sausage dish burnt out of control when a waiter topped it up with rum at a table packed with people.

The woman, who spent two weeks in hospital and has since undergone two skin graft operations, said it was like being hit by a "flame-thrower".

The Sporting Clube bar and restaurant in Westbourne Green is a popular destination for football fans.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Here I thought hot-off-the-grill bratwurst were dangerous...

That's just... wow.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Probably not the first 'sausage' to explode on her face....

sorry couldn't help myself :P
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
        Probably not the first 'sausage' to explode on her face....

sorry couldn't help myself :P
        HAHAHAHA
        nasty!

Comment

Hahahahaha!
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Oh my.
            Well, I ate my share of chourizo prepared that way and nothing remotely dangerous ever happened. You put a small amount of alcohol in the dish, sausage on top and wait while it slowly cooks away... what this guy did was adding alcohol to an already piping hot-flaming greasy bowl.
            He didn't nearly pay enough for what he did.
            "From the safest places come the bravest words"

Comment

Working...
            X