Extra bonus: a socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra bonus: a socket

Bought an used CPU from one of the online auction sites and when I got it I found out that I had received a "bonus"

the cpu has a tiny dent on the same side as the middle lug used to be on the socket, so hopefully it still works
    Attached Files
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Maybe it was just easier to ship it with the socket.

I have an old Athlon C 1.2GHz that still works but is collecting dust, it has a chip on the die as well.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

tested it and it do work
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro View Post
        Maybe it was just easier to ship it with the socket.

I have an old Athlon C 1.2GHz that still works but is collecting dust, it has a chip on the die as well.
        Well, it would have been had to be pretty manhandled to get bent pins

Comment

Actually that sounds like a pretty good way to ship a CPU, if you have a dead MB lying around to pry a socket off of.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
            Actually that sounds like a pretty good way to ship a CPU, if you have a dead MB lying around to pry a socket off of.

Kevin

Or maybe he didn't know how to remove the cpu fromthe socket??
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

when i worked at a computer shop we used to desolder components off of dead boards using the heat gun that was supposed to be for shrink wrapping product. it took hardly any time and, seeing as there are quite a few Socket A motherboards that died an early death, it would make for a very cheap and easy way to ship a processor.

certainly beats trying to cut down foam.
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
              X