Memory price conspiracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory price conspiracy

First off, this is not meant to down play the tragedy in Taiwan, and it's eventual effects on world memory prices.

But, this just in from the CONSPIRACY THEORY NEWS (AKA my demented mind and/or imagination). SDRAM Memory prices have been rising steadily for a small while now. At the same time there have been production problems with RAMBUS memory. INTEL(the knight who say NIH -Not Invented Here) is not getting the support and orders for the 820 chipset they expected (partly because of it's lack of compelling speed improvements and} largely RAMBUS memory prices. So we have a situation where they're next great part doesn't look good because of RAMBUS' price versus SDRAM. Suddenly SDRAM prices go through the roof, and SDRAM doesn't look quite as bad a value (relatively speaking). And memory manufactures are happy to play along, because they're making a killing selling already (ie cheaply) manufactured memory. Not to mention it takes some of the heat off them for the low yields and high prices of RAMBUS.

Hey, if you can't lower the price of RAMBUS, raise the price of SDRAM. At least until the production can be ramped up, and prices lowered. All this of course thought up before the quake.

Does any of this make any sense?

OK, OK, {stepping down from soap box}

Mark F.

------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

It's funny how memory prices go sky high just when Athlon is supposed to steal the retail markets.. And I bet a good money that the prices come down just nicely for Merced's release..

connect the dots by yourself

_
    B

Comment

you know it dose kinda , i found my self thinking buy i p3 450 oc it to 558 or higher if my nec memory will take it, its cheaper than buying expensive pc133 or rambus memory.
      and i still end up with a system compareable to the 133 fsb systems comeing latter from intel. (the geedy evil empire that intel is we should all do something about it........)

------------------
      I think I need help. I'm not sure what do you think, do I need help?
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

oh while were on conspiracys, what about microsoft, i think they are purposely joined up with intel (both ms and intel are evil empires bent on world domination, as soon as the year 2k bug hits we will all be enslaved) and are cuaseing all the problems for amd via systems by writeing bugs into windows that detect if you have a amd ali/via mobo and crash randomly if you do. (includeing all the problems with the agp port on ss7 systems.) its a conspiracy i tell you intel and ms are in on it.

this was ment as a joke but now that i think about it i wonder if it is ? what do you think? do you think intel and ms did it in the kitchen with a candle stick and now we all have to pay it?

------------------
        I think I need help. I'm not sure what do you think, do I need help?
        msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel

Comment

Hey! A conspiracy theory with no mention of UFOs?! Hmm, let's see now..

Ok. Ever wonder why those high tech antigravity(?) craft crash from time to time? Well, they're not alien at all. They're made by man, yes here on Earth, and their control system is based on Int-l processors and M-crosoft's secret OS called Flying Wind-ws.

These craft are of course equipped with high energy, low frequency beam weapons, that can be used to trigger earthquakes, among other things.

Hmm.. I'm not very good at this..

-Lucid-

------------------
          PentiumĀ® II 300 MHz, IntelĀ® AL440LX, 128 MB SDRAM, Matrox Millennium G400 DualHead, Toshiba SD-M1212, Seagate Medalist 6,5 GB, etc.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

mars probe fails

why dosent nasa stop wasting money sending probes to mars when they fail "on pourpose" before/while entering orbit. or just as they start to transmit some interesting data that might prove alien life.

becuase if they did stop trying the pepole who arn't screaming its a cover up would start to think maybe there is something to what the nut balls have been saying. either that or aliens that don't exist keep shooting down the probes before we can find out they exist. becuase if other alien life exists that don't look like us is proven, then all our religions are full of it, and they would lose power over the masses and they can't have that so nasa keeps luanching probes that will fail becuase they have to (too please the normal pepole)and they have to fail so that the pope stays in power.)

how's that ?????????

------------------
            rags, UPS ground sucks too. (i know i used to work for the slave driveing bastards.
            wow what's wrong with me today usally i just sit here read the posts anmd mumble to my self it must be that mars probe failing bulshit that nasa is trying to pull again that's got me all worked up.

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 09-24-1999).]

noel

Comment

normal people?...needing there opiat?
              Well OK.

The report of Area 51 being closed are more Gov't misinformation.
              The entrance to Groom Lake is still patrolled by the white Jeeps. The sensors are still in place. And the polite signs, you will be shot for entering and/or photographing the area are still present, as of this summer.
              Also I thing the creators of 'South Park' must have visted the area. There are numerus
              connections on the show between cows and aliens. We'll the public land surrounding the Area, is parolled by cows, who seem to enter the road for the perpous of slowing you down on the road entering and leaving the area (like the road need any help).

Oh,..wait...
              wrong forums?!?

As long as there's all this talk about probes...
              Well never mind...

Information...
              Information please...
              What is your number?...

------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a CD

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
              --------------------------------------------------
              OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
              and burped out a movie

Comment

I think the aliens on Mars just commanded their mind-controlled slaves at NASA to send them a case of Heineken, and the probe was just a fake all along.

------------------
                Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

well of couse they still work. they are only being "reported as failing" we will never know (as long as religion has a strong hold on the peoples of the world)while the government fears that any disruptions in the way we think and act may be dangerus to thier power, same gose for religous orginazations that preach we are the only inteligent life and we are created in gods image. yada yada yada........ you get the idea.

to much information is dangerus to the people who run the world. (notice how the education systems of the worlds are worse than they were 10 years ago? (that includes our ****ry (usa) stupid uninformed (and unarmed)people are easy to control and dictate to. that is also why the government is trying to regulate the internet. limmit information. how many people out thire on the net or real world (me included) spell badly? use inproper grammer ect.... the mars probe thing was ment mostly as a joke (more than likely it was just another low bid govenment contractor that pocked the money and used the cheapes labor and parts to assembol the thing.) or it works and the men in black are controling it

any way its not funney telivision and poor education are runining this contry and many others.
                  just my opinion i may be wrong (but it's not bloody likely)

------------------
                  rags, UPS ground sucks too. (i know i used to work for the slave driveing bastards.
                  wow what's wrong with me today usally i just sit here read the posts anmd mumble to my self it must be that mars probe failing bulshit that nasa is trying to pull again that's got me all worked up.

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 09-25-1999).]

noel

Comment

Working...
                  X