Who says statistics are boring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says statistics are boring?

Interesting facts about the world, and absolutely fantastic software the guy uses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUwS1uAdUcI
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Stoooopendous!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

What do you mean?

Comment

stupendous, adjective,
        stju;"pEnd@s/
        Also (earlier) â€*stupendious /-dI@s/. M16.
        [Latin stupendus gerundive of stupere: see STUPID, -OUS. Cf. horrendous, tremendous.]

Amazing, astounding; remarkable; enormous; colloq. excellent, most pleasing, very considerable or substantial.

E. Dowson The most stupendous cold which has ever occurred to me. H. James I had to make..the most stupendous effort not to cry. b> <

• stupend adjective = STUPENDOUS E17–M19.
        • stupendously adverb M17.
        • stupendousness noun M17.
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I just wondered because you spelt it differently, and you've spelt "stupid" that way in the past. So I thought it might have been a very sarcastic play of words.

Comment

fun to watch for sure.

misleading? maybe

logarithmic scales lead to ambiguity in charts like this.

the presenter even said at one point that these charts were only suitable for developing a hypothesis, not for real statistical analysis.

i would also disagree with him on the opportunity for accuracy of the collected data.

any idea why the charts end at 2003? was the presentation from back then?

also, at the end when the guy is talking about the goal of his organization, he's basically talking about ORM. in the immortal words of my favourite commercial for microwavable pizza, "don't act like you invented it."
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
            X