Blue Tooth GPS Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Tooth GPS Device

Well the one I've got seems to be going to the GPS in the sky. Just get continous invalid gps single.
    Whats a good replacement.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I have this one:

It does a nice job of keeping a signal, but a cold start (e.g. after it has been powered down for a long time) indoors can take some time.

Downsides:
    USB cable for charging/communication is not a standard one (and not included)
    Blinking light when lock (IMO should have been blinking without lock, fixed when locked)

Upsides:
    Sirf III
    VERY small
    car-plug + AC adapter included
    serial connection is available as an option (supported by some Nikon digital cameras)
    diagnostic software for various OS (including PocketPC)

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 11 April 2007, 06:43.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'm using TomTom's MKII BT GPS reciever and works really well
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I have another Holux GPSlim. Not sure what model (?256) but it is the size of an AA battery. It has the same pros and cons as listed above except that it uses a standard mini-usb cable that allows the use of a GPS mouse and charging from your PC. I paid £30 inc. delivery from imported via ebay.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Well, the connector is a standard one, but I don't think the electrical specifications are within usb spec (the optional cable has a thicker portion - could be just to minimize electrical interference, but I don't dare to try it with a regular cable).

Jorg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

mine works fine with a regular cable.
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
            X