Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maximum mode for G450 dual head?

Hello,

Simple question: what is the maximal resolution supported by the Matrox G450 AGP (16MB), and at what colourdepth can I get to on the primary display?

Currently, the memory slider is set halfway (8 MB for both displays), but the second monitor will be a low resolution one (800x600 or so). In the dualhead display capabilities, I have the impression that if I set the slider to 13 MB + 3 MB, the resolution goes up to 2048x1536, 32-bit + 800x600, 32 bit. Does this seem correct?

Also, can I set widescreen (e.g. 1680x1050) resolutions on it?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

From memory (I don't have Matrox card in my machine anymore...), on G400 16MB Single Head max resolution was "one step lower" than 2048x1536@32bit (not in 16bits, and not on 32MB model).
    As for widescreen, the last release of G-series drivers have "show widescreen resolutions" option in advanced display properties.

Comment

Strange... The G450 dualhead has a settings page in which you can call up a slider to allocate memory for first or second head. When I set it to 13/3 MB, it lists 2048x1536x32 bit as a possibility, in combination with 800x600x32 bit...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Hmmm...perhaps I remember wrong, or perhaps this was delibarate limit in G400 16MB (and yeah, you're right, largest res takes 12 MiB...so no problem (other than with overlay))

But I'm pretty sure I got it right when it comes to widescreen res option

Comment

So it won't be possible to display a video in an overlay?
          Not even in single head (1680x1050)?

Interesting to know...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Probably...on mentioned G400 16MB the max res @32bit with overlay was 1280x1024.

Comment

Good to know (but I don't think it will bother my dad that much).

Any thoughts on how to determine the memory needed to allow for a video overlay?

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
                As for widescreen, the last release of G-series drivers have "show widescreen resolutions" option in advanced display properties.
                Strange... The option is there, but when check the box "show widescreen resolutions" and click apply or ok, the window disappears. Next time, the box is unchecked. However, despite the box being unchecked, some widescreen modes are shown in the 'list all modes"; just not the mode 1680x1050.

Is it perhaps because the currently connected monitor is not a widescreen one?
                If necessary, can I add a custom resolution?
                (the monitor has been ordered )

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

I've used a g450 with my 20" ws at 1680x1050.
                  Matrox had a utility for adding custom resolutions. I'll see If I can find a copy of it somewhere.
                  Now, it also may not list that resolution due to the fact that your monitor does not support it at this time.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Matrox Technical Support Tweak Util?

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/utils/t...mtstu50204.zip
                    ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/utils/t...mtstu50204.txt

Comment

That's it!
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

GT40: Thanks for confirming that the G450 works in this mode!

Mikko: How didn't I think of that? I have that utility lying around somewhere (but downloaded it again just to be sure). Thanks!

Jörg
                        pixar

Comment

Well, the widescreen mode 1680x1050 did not appear even after installing the Acer 2223. But luckily, I could indeed add it with the MTSTU.

Thanks again!

Jörg
                          pixar

Comment

Nice to hear.

Comment

Working...
                            X