Vista Virus Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Virus Scanner

I need a virus scanner for work, but they let me chose. Anyone have suggestion for a virus scanner. I know Avast and NOD32 have been popular in the past, I'm just curious about what you recommend.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

NOD32 gets my vote

Comment

Never used NOD32. Avast works fine.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Avast!
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

using NOD32 here on Vista
          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

NOD32 is very very fast. Went from Panda on one PC and Trend Micro on another. OMG what a difference.

Comment

BTW (offtopic, since this thing apparently doesn't have Vista version yet), what are your thoughts on Kaspersky?
              Because it's now available for free, in the form of http://www.activevirusshield.com/

(anyway...vote for NOD32, happy with it for now (though not on Vista...))

Comment

NOD32 all the way
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
                  BTW (offtopic, since this thing apparently doesn't have Vista version yet), what are your thoughts on Kaspersky?
                  Because it's now available for free, in the form of http://www.activevirusshield.com/

(anyway...vote for NOD32, happy with it for now (though not on Vista...))

Kaspersky has perhaps the best detection rate of any antivirus solution.

It has also, in the past couple versions, suffered the same fate as virtually every OTHER antivirus - it has bulked up, it includes (relatively useless) spyware protection, it's intrusive, and it sucks up a lot of system resources.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Going to guve NOD32 the 30-day trial run and see how I like. The new job requires a virus scanner running while connected via VPN (it is a completely virtual office company with no real estate of their own). But I hate resource sucking scanners, and NOD32 seems to be the least obtrusive with an above average detection and clean rate, with supposedly the quickest response time to viruses, so I'll grab that.
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                    X