Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best Dell tech support call evuh!

*** warning: not work safe

(it's worth it to listen all the way through)

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Ironically, this guy sounds (voice tone, etc.) just like a guy that I got a call from yesterday. Same attitude, same profanity.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I just hang up at the first profanity
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

He's got a laptop that will run all night unplugged from the wall.
        And he's complaining?

I'll buy it from him
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

While the guy is out of line and hot headed, he does make some good points.

1-Many companies make you punch in a bit of information (serial number, account number, etc) into their automated system, JUST to be asked for that same exact information AGAIN as soon as you finally get a human. Can they NOT just pass that information along through their system?

2-They do ask you way too many damn questions before they'll even hear your complaint, despite how simple it may be. My name, my address, my mom's maiden name, soc, what I ate for breakfast that morning, my email address, my phone number, etc etc. It does get a bit ridiculous at times.

Comment

This guy wasn't going to be happy no matter what the representative said.

HOWEVER...

The representative was clearly NOT Indian, Bangladeshi or from any country where "Bollywood" is considered a high art form. Therefore, he could not really have been from Dell.

Thus, I declare this a fake.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
              Thus it is true and will now be LAW
              Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

This guy wasn't going to be happy no matter what the representative said.

HOWEVER...

The representative was clearly NOT Indian, Bangladeshi or from any country where "Bollywood" is considered a high art form. Therefore, he could not really have been from Dell.

hate to disappoint you but dell opened a new HUGE call center here in Ottawa.

also if you call M$ about Vista or Zune, you calling ottawa.

LAW has been depricated.
                /meow
                Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
                Asus Striker ][
                8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (4x2GB)
                Asus EN8800GT 512MB x2(SLI)

I am C4tX0r, hear me mew!

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino View Post
                  While the guy is out of line and hot headed, he does make some good points.

1-Many companies make you punch in a bit of information (serial number, account number, etc) into their automated system, JUST to be asked for that same exact information AGAIN as soon as you finally get a human. Can they NOT just pass that information along through their system?

2-They do ask you way too many damn questions before they'll even hear your complaint, despite how simple it may be. My name, my address, my mom's maiden name, soc, what I ate for breakfast that morning, my email address, my phone number, etc etc. It does get a bit ridiculous at times.
                  I agree. You shouldn't have to go through all this crap just to be told to hold the shutdown button for 4 seconds straight. Plus, if it's a brand new computer and it won't shut down, this means someone did something wrong and it should be taken care of.
                  IMHO, he was angry and used profanity but OTOH, Dell's support was crap on both issues.
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by lowlifecat View Post
                    hate to disappoint you but dell opened a new HUGE call center here in Ottawa.
                    OOOOOOH. You northerners work cheap, like the fellas in Delhi?

Comment

OOOOOOH. You northerners work cheap, like the fellas in Delhi?

Our rates are high, but the conversion rates, US to CDN works to Microsofts advantage

Comment

Working...
                      X