Desktop Tower Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Tower Defense

A fun little "hand-drawn" game of planning and luck...

Desktop Tower Defense: the game where you defend against creeps on your desktop!

After you run out of lives, quit, or - less likely - win, you can submit your score and, if you'd like, name. After you've done that there's an option to add your score to a group. I've been entering "MURC".
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

D*mn you and your addicting game.....
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Cool game

Comment

This game is evil teasing evil addicting fun evil thing

Comment

The damn flying creeps get me every time on levels above "easy".
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Hmmm...the 'MURC' high score board is full of some guy called 'Kruz'

The game has been updated...more fun than the version from 6 months ago, when this thread brought the game to my attention...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Um, great. I should be outside in the sun, and now i'm inside playing this (bookmarked lol)

Cheers
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Very addicting...

Comment

Dammit, even in FUN mode, with 10000 starting credits I can't beat the bloody thing!!!
                  AArrggghhh!

Just one more try,
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
                    Dammit, even in FUN mode, with 10000 starting credits I can't beat the bloody thing!!!
                    AArrggghhh!

Just one more try,
                    That 10,000 credit 'fun mode' game is unbeatable, unless you know how to 'juggle'. Best I can get on that mode is level 83 or 84 (there are 100 in that mode).
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I'm starting to dig this game, over 3k without juggling.
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

nobody playing the multiplayer version? There's a closed beta, and if you would like an invite, PM me

Comment

I'd just like a GOD mode, where you start off with 100000, and just set the whole maze up, and sit and watch. Enough starting cash to do any maze you want.

Speed would be the ultimate challenge, how much you can destroy at what speed.
                          i.e. finish 100 sequences in the shortest time, but with full wads of cash to begin with...

hmmm, maybe I should stop spending hours trying to beat the 10K one then...I get just about to 80, but could do with more cash than what is available...they just come too fast after that...

Comment

Did I mention I HATE juggling?
                            Earlier in development, the game split into 2 definate ways of playing. Juggling and not. At one time, there was a harsher (ever increasing) time penalty for selling towers, so jugglers got nerfed. Unfortunatly (IMO) the game author took the side of the jugglers, and now the only way to get on the overall scoreboards is to juggle. Oh well....I still like playing, non juggling, against my own scores. Screw the jugglers

I just played the 10k fun mode several times, and cannot get past the mid 80s levels...11,xxx points. Wanna see myself hit 12k no juggling in that mode.....or 8k no juggling hard mode....

Comment

I'm gonna have to have a good look at the maps of the people in top place then...
                              Without juggling i'm having a hard time.

On medium seting, I am sure its possible with virtually just simple towers...you just have to place them in the right place, at the right time...

Its addictive, thats for sure....like tetris was back in the day..

Comment

Working...
                              X