Lineage ][ : Interlude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lineage ][ : Interlude

In less than 2 weeks (April 11th), NCSoft will release the latest expansion for Lineage2, Interlude:The Chaotic Throne.

This is the 6th expansion for this awesome MMORPG, marking the 1/2way point in planned expansions (they have said since the start that there will be 12 chronicles). To make the game more attractive for newcomers, they are selling the "Epic Collection", which includes the game, the first 5 chronicles, and 60 days of play time for only $9.99 through EB Games and GameStop! New expansions are always free. They've also added much in the game to help new players get to useful levels easier than it used to be.

If you like World of Warcraft or other RPGs, this game puts them to shame. It makes WoW look like a cartoony kid's game. Unlike WoW, where you can only go so far with any character, L2 allows you to continue to develop your toon almost endlessly (I've had the same main toon for over 2 years). I blame NCSoft's lack of promoting the game for it's relative obscurity. Even though many have never heard of the game, it still has millions of players worldwide.

I lead a clan on the 'Bartz' server, with a roster of 80-some players, and we belong to an alliance of 3 clans, making our total numbers almost 250. Part of the game is devoping your clan and alliance, and part of that includes raising new characters from the beginning...so if anyone wants to give the game a try, I will get you into my clans 'academy', and help get you geared up and addicted to the game

Check out the game site for details: www.lineage2.com
    If you decide to give it a go, visit our clan forums once you are in the game, and post in our recruitment section: www.immortallegends.net
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

I'm interested, but how much is the monthly charge?

I looked at WoW recently, but after a slightly ridiculous argument with a WoW Zealot about graphics quality. I did a bit of looking and decided I'd avoid a game where the characters looked like they came from a Super Mario Bros game and the players regularly ranted about how wonderful it looked compared to other games. (He actually called me a graphics snob because I didn't think it looked as realistic as Oblivion.)

IIRC Lineage is big in Korea, so at least the pro-Lineage ranters I meet will have a good chance of being even less comprehensible than those of WoW
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

It's $15 a month (50 cents a day) if you buy 60 day game cards in retail stores, a little less if you buy more than 60 days at a time on thier website. If you buy the 'Epic Collection' package I mentioned above, 45 of the 60 days included in that package can be applied to any account, so it's 10 bux for 45 days. I know a number of my clannies who purchased a pile of those packages .

WRT to the graphics, check out their web site, where they have plenty of screen shots of the game ( http://www.lineage2.com/pds/players.html#t1 ) ...you'll see what I mean about how good this game looks. This is more or less what my light elf nuker mage looks like:
      Last edited by Kruzin; 4 April 2007, 08:20.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

That's about £7.60 - £8 a month in my money, and I just downgraded my Cable TV service saving me about £20 a month...

Do you get much trouble with lag and the like? Last MMORPG I played was a freebie "Rubies of Eventide" which lacked the graphics of Lineage but had a habit of lagging like hell during heavy combat - good for the monsters, bad for newbie characters.
        Last edited by RichL; 4 April 2007, 08:48.
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Personally, I don't get many lag issues, except when we go on large castle sieges where their are 250+ players in the same spot, but that is graphical lag which can be somewhat helped by turning graphic details down. Some people complain about latencey lag, but those are ususally the people who choose to play on a server that is on the other side of the world from them.

Comment

NCsoft do many things right. They own quite a few games, Lineage ][ and Guildwars are only a part of their portfolio. The plus side for GuildWars is that there's no monthly payment.
            Last edited by TransformX; 5 April 2007, 01:23.
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Today is the day. When I get home from work, I'll have a large patch to d/l, and lotsa new stuff to explore

Comment

Have fun!!!
                "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

The new upgrade rocks!

Have had fun exploring new areas, but even better, my clan took control of one of the higher level castles today. We now get to collect taxes and make $$$ off several area towns

First pic is me, sitting on my new throne, wearing my new crown

Also, as the clan leader of a castle owning clan, I have gotten to do what I've been waiting 2.5 years to do...only castle lords can fly a wyvern (dragon)...the only way to fly in the game. Something very few players get to do. Second pic is me on my wyvern, in front of our new castle
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Kruzin; 15 April 2007, 21:58.

Comment

Cool pics I wish I had more time to play. Jaiden(9 month old daughter) is keeping me busy as well as my job and other activities.
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Being a castle Lord is SO cool

We have set our tax rates significanly lower than any of the other castle lords on the server, and drawn in material buyers from all over the server. Our ownership of this castle and our low taxes has affected the prices of items/materials for literally thousands (if not 10s of thousands) of players, while making our clan $$$ and earning support of players who are sick of greedy castle lords that charge 3x the taxes we do.

Now is a good time for our alliance and clan...great time to get into game and hook up with us...

Comment

Working...
                      X