I cancelled my G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cancelled my G400

I was sick of the waiting-- the order wasn't expected to come in till the 30th, and I ordered on the 14 of July (it was expected in the next day). Matrox changed the ETA to the supplier 5 times, with no explanation. Matrox blew it for me, how about you?

Note this was a G400, not a MAX.

I'm waiting for a better card-- a GeForce or a Savage 2000. Note to Matrox, you've screwed me for the last time-- my business with you is now officially over.

You must have tried to get the dual head version (retail). Single heads are not a problem to obtain, at least in Ottawa.

I ordered my G400 32 meg Dual (OEM) on Sept 1. My dealer finally received shipment on Sept 17. I would have preferred retail if the price difference had been minimal, but the only place it seemed that I could get a retail version in stock was directly from Matrox. Factor in shipping and whamo!

It was a doozy of a wait. I haven't played with all the features of the card yet, but I'm looking forward to testing it out. I picked up a DVD drive and am anxiously waiting the release of the Matrix.

Comment

I wanted the Dual Head. That is what Matrox is advertising, and I think that is what the customer deserves. And they simply can't seem to deliver-- literally.

My question here is what other harware should I look into-- should I just hold on to my G200 until the next gen cards, or is there a place I could get a real cheap TNT2 (at least then I could play Tribes).

BTW, I got the Matrix DVD already, it kicks butt-- even looks good in pan and scan mode, but PowerDVD skips part of the first scene which bites. XING doesn't, but the screen is streched and off center, which also bites.

Comment

man where do you live???i ordered mine on a thursday and picked it up on monday.i live in sask.it came outta toronto(the wholesaler is called rainbow (the comp store told me)anyways its a dualhead g400 (i wish it was a max but that was on order for 3 months now and i couldnt wait anymore)
        those who can do!!
        those who cant teach!!

Comment

Yeah, i cancelled my order for the G400 MAX. Too much of a wait and I can still get multi-monitor features with two cards. And, when the next gen cards come out I will get the same if not BETTER garphic features and performance for less money.

Course, I could geta 32MB DH, but, I want the MAX.

Matrox certainly did not predict the market this time around.

Hell, I might as wait till the next gen cards, and, buy a G400 MAX off of someone who is upgrading. I'll pay less and still have the same wait!!

CB
          Abit BX6 Rev.1
          Celeron 366A PPGA @ 566, 2.1v
          192 meg RAM, CAS2
          13.0 gig Maxtor 4320 HD
          6.0 gig Maxtor (in removeable drive bay)
          HP8110i 4x2x24
          Pioneer DVD-104
          SB Live! 1024
          USB ZIP 100
          G400 32MB DH 5ns RAM at 187/211
          Two KDS 17" Trinitron monitors
          YAMAHA HTR-5140 Reciever

Comment

Working...
          X