HELL yeah! Solid State HDDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELL yeah! Solid State HDDs

Samsung announced today that it plans to ship a 64 GB solid state drive in the second quarter of this year.

This ties into a thread posted here recently stating that we should be expecting such drives.

No love?

Comment

As soon as they start hinting at 3,5 inch drives geared for highperformance stationary computers I'm game
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yeah there will be love when these drives reach 500GB's and up, as well as cheap.

Also the press release didn't mention the type of connectivity, say i buy this for the PC, is it SATA2 or a special interface that I have to purchase and install?

Comment

The ones I've seen are either laptop IDE or SATA2.
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 March 2007, 16:14.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino View Post
            No love?

Sorry dude, too busy lovin' the gf.

The more companies that come out with SSD's the better! But the price is still high, in 6months or so it should come down to reasonalbe levels.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

64gb is plenty for your OS drive - provided the price is reasonable (unlikely), I could see myself getting one within the next year
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
              X