videocard problems ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• videocard problems ?

I have this weir issue with the game Trackmania Sunrise. No matter what settings I choose (resolution/detail), some textures suddenly change to seemingly corrupt textures (green, yellow or blue).

I'm running my desktop in dualhead 1280x1024 + 1280x960. This is the only gane with this issue.

Does it indicate problems with the videocard (memory or cooling)? Or is it more likely a game issue (corrupt files for instance)?

Thanks!

Jorg

Does this
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

If it is the only game that exhibts symptoms then it's more than likly to be software.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I don't game often, so I'm not sure my other games are demanding enough. I also noticed it does seem to happen less frequently after a cold boot (will check my Parhelia cooler).

Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem (if it is software)?

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Using 3DAnalyze, I was able to solve the texture issue by setting software tnl (it did give me a low framerate). There is still one issue: sometimes the textures is blurred (this also was the case before), but I can't figure out when it happens.

Jorg
        pixar

Comment

I noticed last week that some of the "Arrow" textures are just green on my PC. ( TM Nations )

I hadn't noticed, until I played over a network, on my spare PC,where the textures were fine...

I didn't have any environment details either, no skinning of the track at all...

I'm sure its a software problem,but my XP install is long overdue a reinstall, so i'm just waiting for the time...
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
          X